Entering the Hikvision zone

Reaction score
Despite having all Dahua cameras outside, I decided yesterday to update the cameras inside the house to something better than 720P. Ordered one of the DS-2CD2442FWD-IW 4MP WiFi Cube Cameras from Amazon last night, and it shipped out today. I scanned this forum for references to the earlier models of Hikvision cube cameras (not a very accurate name, I must say) and didn't see any particular issues or problems to look out for.

Anybody have any particular words of wisdom? It's definitely a US version of the camera, so firmware upgrades shouldn't be any issue.

Reaction score
Here's two things I learned (the hard way) about the HikVision cube camera. Although it has both LAN and WiFi adapters, their firmware does NOT disable either of the adapters when the other is active. In this case, you CANNOT assign the same IP address to both the LAN and WiFi adapters, or it will yield ridiculously poor TCP/IP response times. Also, the two adapters are bridged internally, which means the inactive device is still visible on my LAN. :( Just the joy :banghead: of learning someone else's product.