"Environment Error" on DAHUA VTH2421FB-P during config with VTO2111D-WP

gsunglao

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been struggling to make this work VTH2421FB-P (this is the control unit inside the house - VTH) + VTO2111D-WP (this is the outdoor unit - VTO). When the door bell (VTO) is pressed, the VTH is just not receiving the call.
The VTHs are brand new, while the VTO is also brand new but already 4 years old (kept in storage).

During the initial setup where it asks "Do you want to do quick configuration?" (called 'One-key' configuration process), VTH keeps saying:
-> "Environment Error" at the end of the process (I just cancel at that point, with intent to manually hook them up)
-> I have the door bell icon on the top right of the VTH screen with a tiny 'x' mark in it at the main page, after I cancel the quick configuration.
-> Both units were initialized successfully during the initial setup.
-> VTH (master) is has no issue
-> VTO (master) is the one giving the problem with error "Failed" (This is after you clear the prompt "Environment Error").

In my previous attempts, The VTO2111D-WP was in v1.5xx initially, before it was upgraded to v3.000.0012000.0.R.
I thought the problem was due to the fact that the unit is close to 4 years old (only tested once in 2016) and was thinking that it could just be the firmware.
Before the upgrade to v3.0xxx, I was still able to see the VTO's video from the VTH (just that the call part isn't working -which is the main thing that bothers me!). After the upgrade, I lost the video, and now prompts "Network abnormal, monitor failure" at VTH.

Need some help, guys.

many thanks!
GaryS>

Attachments

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You mixed up gen1 (VTO) and gen2 (VTH) devices.
Upgrade both devices to latest FW (4.3 SIP2.0) and you will see, that the problem's are gone.

gsunglao

n3wb
Reaction score
Upgrade both devices to latest FW (4.3 SIP2.0) and you will see, that the problem's are gone.
Yup. This one works!
Thanks very much.

Actually I ended up buying a new VTO. But pairing both devices (VTH+TVO) with v4.4. - solved all my issue.
:) Happy camper.

Hina Chow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, Could you tell me how to upgrade the SIP server. The same thing happened to me?

Hina Chow

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying but it can not locate the device. Would it be possible to give me a step by step, I am not as savvy as you? Pretty Please!!!!

Hina Chow

n3wb
Reaction score
I fixed it! I had put an sd card into the doorbell, then removed it. After trying to figure it out. On the monitor I formatted the card and Everything worked.

Reaction score
HI i have similar issue, i got environment issue when setting up new VTO2202F-P+VTH2421fw-p, so i reset both by RESET button and then i was able to make it somehow , working. BUT i am not able to connect to VTO thru PC to configure via WEB SERVICE2.0. i enter 192.168.1.108 what is IP of VTO into i.explorer and nothing. Is there anyone who can help on this issue? i attach picture from VDPconfigtool. ThANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.

Attachments

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is your PC in this network (192.168.1.x)? Can you ping the VTO?
Did you try clearing you browser cache? Did you try another browser?
I also suggest to upgrade the VTO to latest version (V4.500.0000000.8.R.210203).
If all that does not help, pls. post a pic of your browsers answer when trying to connect to .

Reaction score
Is your PC in this network (192.168.1.x)? Can you ping the VTO?
Did you try clearing you browser cache? Did you try another browser?
I also suggest to upgrade the VTO to latest version (V4.500.0000000.8.R.210203).
If all that does not help, pls. post a pic of your browsers answer when trying to connect to .
Hi Riogrande75, thank for your suggestion, i will verify tonight. Where i can download mentioned firmware (V4.500.0000000.8.R.210203) i was not able to find using google, even checking Firmwares

Thanks.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can grab latest firmware/mcu files for most VDP devices from here.
I try to keep this post up2date.

Reaction score
Hi Riogrange75,
so i tried to ping 192.168.1.108 and i got 'Timeout error. to be sure i am adding picture how it is connected to POE Dahua Switch. Strange for me is that thru VDPconfig i can load VTO and VTH and see their IP. bu when i tried to ping VTO after i tried also VTH 192.168.1.155 also time out error. ANy clue?

Attachments

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You did not answer my first and in this case most important question: Is your PC in this network (192.168.1.x)?
Your PC has to have a IP adress in the 192.168.1.x range! If ping doesn't work, you do not have to try anything else.

Reaction score
sorry i dont know how to check if my PC is in network 192.168.1.x can you advice how to check? thanks

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
See, this is the problem. This has absolutely nothing to do with dahua, VTO,etc. It's a simple windows / networking understanding issue and should not be treated here in this forum.
Read this (slightly outdated) site for some basic knowledge on ip addresses and then you'll see that everything works as expected.