ePoE - Extended Length

Lectrician

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

I am looking at the Dahua PFL2106-4ET-96 PoE network switch.
It uses there own protocol to allow longer runs of PoE to their cameras.
I am trying to find out if two of the switches can be connected together via a long run of Cat5e. I understand you can run long runs from switch to camera, but am not sure if you can run long lengths from switch to switch?

Anyone used these?

Cheers.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Switch get the incoming signal and "recreate" it on other ports so you can use it as extender and the length will be the same camera<->switch or switch<->switch because it is same kind of signal and physical transportation but you can also use Fiber switches and the length between switches will extend to any need you may have.

Lectrician

n3wb
Reaction score
The switch model I listed will allow up to 800m via cat5e on their PoE ports to their cameras, using their own protocol. I was wondering if two of THEIR switches could link at these extended distances.

There are modules to allow extended, lower bandwidth links via cat5e, but I wondered if these switches could also achieve the same thing.

I have an SWA cat5e cable whuch has been installed for years, feeding a PTZ 300m away using balans. We are looking to replace with IP. I can get a pair of modules which will allow TCP/IP over this existing cable, but would like to simplify it with two of their PoE switches if it is possible.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The switch model I listed will allow up to 800m via cat5e on their PoE ports to their cameras, using their own protocol. I was wondering if two of THEIR switches could link at these extended distances.
OK I didn't see it was their own protocol and they do not provide any manual but if the ePoE is available from the four ports I see no reason it couldn't be linked on of those ports to another same switch model, why don't you ask them ? this product is very new so do not expect any "experienced" advice.