equipment check/options

jrhoops

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Getting part numbers together to place an order. Thought I would run through the number of cams and maybe placement. My house is 2 story Barn style roof 30x30. Front deck is uncovered 12x12 and I have a carport 12x26 (8ft walls) directly in front of the house beside the front deck with a boat inside. I have 2x150w halogen floods (motion) over the front door that do . good job of illuminating the deck and the fronts of the vehicles. Other than that we live outside the city. I have some recent photos (of a truck but it does show the layout) and I have this ridiculous drawing I made in mspaint.

I plan to buy:
4x IPC-HDW5231R-Z (4 of the 7 spots of the drawing, location TBD but plan 1,2,5,6) (also should I get the new 2MP or 6MP in "ZE" instead?)
2x IPC-HDW4231EM-AS (2 of the spots TBD but plan 3,4)
1x SD49225T-HN (spot 7, going PTZ for remote monitoring capability but the recording target is TBD, possibly looking down the left side of the house since cam6 is looking down the right side )

My goal was to spend around $1k on cameras but I am already up to $1300 and have nothing planned for the 2 rear corners of the house. I considered buying lesser cams like some manual varifocal from amazon. Or maybe some of the other cams in the floodlight zone can be lower priced since they benefit from the floodlights? I want to do it right but as of now we have 4 cams 960h and they have caught what they needed to even positioned poorly and being too wide.

I question if cam 1,2&3 are too close together, could i get by with just 2? etc etc. let's talk and spend my money!

Attachments