Error 12029

Sepman1

n3wb
Reaction score
Help,

Running Blue Iris latest version. Just upgraded to Comcast gigabit service and they gave me a new modem Netgear Nighthawk X6 r800. I seem to have added the http listening port to 80 via the pnp method and manually. blue iris will work remote access will work for a short time then stop with error 12029 given.

Listening on port :80
Web Request: error 12029
Net Status TCP 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0 Listening

Any help?

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would try and change the BI port from 80 to something else. Comcast does not like their customers running web servers on their account and port 80 is the default web server port. It wouldn't surprise me if they see port 80 web requests going into your modem and reset the connection.

Google search reveals that an error 12029 is:
ERROR_WINHTTP_CANNOT_CONNECT
Returned if connection to the server failed.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI, "Netgear Nighthawk X6 r800" does not exist, and the version with an extra 0 at the end "Netgear Nighthawk X6 r8000" is simply a router, not a modem. Nice of Comcast to at least provide something decent, though.

Turn off UPnP in your router, otherwise the least secure devices on your network will expose themselves to the internet using it, they will get hacked, and your gigabit service will turn into a gigabit botnet faster than you can sneeze. Forward a port to Blue Iris. Post an actual screenshot of the error message, because it is unclear where you are seeing it. That is certainly not a message that a web browser would be likely to show you. I also find it highly unlikely that Comcast would intermittently disable/allow incoming port 80 web requests. It would either be always on or always off.