Error 8000007a and Hikvision Illegal Login Lock [solved]

fcol

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm posting this as an FYI in case anyone runs into a similar issue.

I just purchased a Hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW. I’d been running several other Hikvision DS-2CDxx cameras for a while without issue. This new camera initially set up fine and I could view its stream with Blue Iris. After a few minutes, I lost the stream and started getting Blue Iris Error 8000007a (bad username/password). This was strange since it was originally working. It also seemed strange that I could view the live stream over the camera's built-in web interface.

When I tried logging into the camera's web interface from the BI computer, I saw the camera login page say something like “The device is locked. Try again in XX minutes.” This led me to discover that the more recent Hikvision firmwares have a security setting called “Enable Illegal Login Lock.” Disabling this allowed BI to pick up the stream again. I was able to leave the RTSP Authentication as "Basic."

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is just caused from the camera automatically reattempting connection too many times. A couple of us have the same error except can't get BI to pickup the stream at all even with it off and with it working when logged in directly..