Error changing camera resolution

zmo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a hikvision nvr from amazon. The camera resolution was at 8mp at default. When i had 3 cameras they worked fine at 8mp. Once i added the fourth one i got a message saying no resource.

i did a bit of search on the internet and changed the resolution for one of my camera to 4mp. This worked,

Ive been messing around with the camera resolution, now 3 of them have 4mp and only one has 8mp.

i cant change it back now. I get a message saying ‘system failed’.

am i doing anything wrong or is there a way to fix it

busterboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had that too, just click apply again and it worked for me.

Forgot to ask, your 4th camera is an 8mp camera yes.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The recorder (NVR) has a limited amount of power for decoding the video to display on the local monitor. So if you try to view too many high resolution streams at the same time then it will give you the no resources error for any camera over what the unit can decode. Do keep in mind that it is still recording to the hard drive at the higher resolution but just can't display it to the VGA/HDMI connected monitor/TV. If you set the camera to sub stream instead of the main stream then you should be able to view it no problem which is at a lower resolution. All Hikvision cameras have two streams continuously streaming. Main stream (high resolution) and sub stream (low resolution) With that being said, this does not apply when viewing remotely unit the client software. You can view it all on main stream on your computer with no problem as long as your connection is fast enough and your computer's CPU is fast enough to decode the video. Hope this helps!

zmo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for that, but all my camera work fine on live view. 3 display 4mp and 1 at 8mp. (All four camera are capable of recording at 8mp).

when i tried to change the camera resolution from 4mp to 8mp. I get this message - see attached

Attachments