Error with new HikVision DS-2CD2032-I (I/O error)

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the latest 64 bit Blue Iris software.
An older HikVision is working OK (f/w version V5.0.2build 130805).
A couple newer devices I bought last year and am just hooking up now are not working with Blue Iris (can see live view OK on the camera web page per its IP address):
these newer cameras have firmware version V5.1.2build 140116.

The error from Blue Iris seems to mainly be: Error: ffffffff (I/O error:0) 0
and sometimes 80002745 (socket error: 10053) 0

The only other report I saw for these errors was for a FOSCAM which was resolved by a software update for the camera.

Any advice for me? Is it possible to download (from where?) & update the HikVision software? What is a known good stable version if so?
Could it be a Blue Iris issue, or BI configuration issue?

Regards,

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
UPDATE: I have to add that sometimes on the IP page going directly to the camera, contrary to what I said above ... sometimes I in fact see "live view not available" when trying to view video (but can still see the interface and configure the device).

Does this point more strongly to a firmware issue? Could it be a hardware issue?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I have to add that sometimes on the IP page going directly to the camera, contrary to what I said above ... sometimes I in fact see "live view not available" when trying to view video (but can still see the interface and configure the device).

Does this point more strongly to a firmware issue? Could it be a hardware issue?
If the live view is not available in the interface its most likely a plugin issue because the different versions of the firmware have different plugins...instead of uninstalling and reinstalling plugins you can just use different browsers for the two firmware versions...Do not attempt firmware upgrades unless you know what you are doing - you can brick your camera.
Blue iris does not use any of the plugins and if the camera is not working its is most likely a setting that you have entered incorrectly in blue iris...please post a screenshot of your video>configure tab (blue iris) of a non working cam as well as the network settings page of the cameras web interface.

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here you go.
But note it sometimes works - initially it worked (live view on camera IP page shows OK, but sometimes get live view failed error message and just see a gray box).
I even had it working briefly on Blue Iris, but then it stopped ... as I was playing with various settings on various cameras ... I don't think I changed anything that would cause this problem, so it is strange.
If a f/w update would potentially help, I have no problem attempting that.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just noticed the Blue Iris make/model did not match my other working camera (same model): but when I updated it from "Hikvision other RTSP" to "Hikvision DS-2CDcxxx RTSP" it did not make any difference (still no image on Blue Iris, when Live View was working OK at that time on the camera IP page)!

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did your password reset? Might want to put it in BI again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just noticed the Blue Iris make/model did not match my other working camera (same model): but when I updated it from "Hikvision other RTSP" to "Hikvision DS-2CDcxxx RTSP" it did not make any difference (still no image on Blue Iris, when Live View was working OK at that time on the camera IP page)!
In blue iris change the camera number to 1 (those are only changed when using dvr/nvr's)...

Side note: in your camera network settings, your ipv4 gateway is incorrect..its should be 192.168.1.1 (not 0.1)
The preferred dns server should be 8.8.8.8
these settings dont matter unless you are using the cameras themselves for email settings or remote access- but since you have blue iris doing that it doesnt matter.

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas:
* Chust: I did reenter the password with no luck!
* fenderman: I went to make your suggested camera number change, but it was already 1! I assume when I changed the camera type as I mentioned above, that caused the camera number to be reset to 1.

(I assume I can view a camera in HikVision live view page via camera IP, and Blue Iris will still also display the camera OK!)

Any other ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas:
* Chust: I did reenter the password with no luck!
* fenderman: I went to make your suggested camera number change, but it was already 1! I assume when I changed the camera type as I mentioned above, that caused the camera number to be reset to 1.

(I assume I can view a camera in HikVision live view page via camera IP, and Blue Iris will still also display the camera OK!)

Any other ideas?
Change it back to the hikvision 2cdXXXX

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It originally was "Hikvision other RTSP" (per screenshot above) and then 2cdXXXX is what I changed it TO (after posting the screenshot and realizing the difference with my older, working camera).
So it is still 2cdXXXX camera type. I just tried setting it back to other RTSP and again back to 2CDXXXX (camera number 1 in both cases), but with no luck.

Anything else to try?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Delete the camera in blue iris. Reboot the camera and the blue iris machine...add the camera to blue iris.

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes. Delete the camera in blue iris. Reboot the camera and the blue iris machine...add the camera to blue iris.
Ahhh! Fenderman - thanks! That seems to have done the trick!
Lets see if it remains working and stable!
Also need to see if it remains stable if I switch back from separate power to power via POE!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It should be fine...the power source will not make any difference...