esxi pass through

soho1358

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running esxi 6.5 update 2 and pass through the intel hd 4600 graphics card to a windows 10 vm. I can get it to work. But, when the vm starts up, the first 5-10 minutes, the driver just throws driver error 43, and doesn't start the video card. Wait 5 minutes, and disable and enable the intel graphics card, and everything is fine. I am curious is anyone else has gotten the intel graphics to pass through successfully, and if so did you do any custom parameters? The video card is also running the latest February 2018 drivers.

Thanks,
Justin

soho1358

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh well. It does indeed work, once the driver starts. Since VMware doesn't officially support any of the intel desktop processors, as pass through, I think we are out of luck for now. My one camera runs pretty reliably at 1% cpu usage.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One thing that doesn't work is the hdmi out. It won't output a display to my TV. Any thoughts ?

soho1358

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the longtime between responses. I do not know why it wouldn't output to the monitor. I do not have mine hooked up to a monitor at all. Early in the process, I did install a separate video card for esxi console. I was thinking the console was causing the driver issues.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ive ordered an old ATI HDMI card, ill try running dual Video cards and see how that goes. Hopefully quicksync on the Intel GPU and output via the second.