Ethernet to camera connection cover

ssddd65

n3wb
Reaction score
I had my cameras working well and someone came to wash the outside of our house and the water got into the connections and broke the cameras. Bit strange since the rain has never caused an issue.

I saw this video:

Is there a way to get connection covers like this but for a premade ethernet cable? The end of the Amcrest side of the PoE input has a circular shape that is ready to match but I need the other end to go over the end from the ethernet cable.

Thanks!

ssddd65

n3wb
Reaction score
@SouthernYankee interesting! My one worry is: what if the wire gets ruined (it got chewed by mice one time) and I need to replace the wire only.

Once you've shrunk it, can you still disconnect the table?

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I haven't ordered any yet, but you can take a look at these. The only concern I would have would be the plastic locking tab on the cable plug, it is pressed down when inserting, but it would be depressed if you needed to remove the cable from the connector cap, so the tab may catch and not allow you to remove the cable without breaking the lock tab on the cable plug. (where it says "pass RJ45 connector")

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Once you've shrunk it, can you still disconnect the table?
I suggest coax seal (self-vulcanizing rubber tape. mastic pad) done like this.

Coax seal, self-vulcanizing rubber tape, mastic pads and mastic-lined heat shrinkable tubing will all come off like this.

The whole process of weatherproofing the so-called "weatherproof" Ethernet barrel connector using dielectric grease, coax seal/self-vulcanizing rubber tape and 3M 33+ or 88 electrical tape here.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a way to get connection covers like this but for a premade ethernet cable? The end of the Amcrest side of the PoE input has a circular shape that is ready to match but I need the other end to go over the end from the ethernet cable.
Aliexpress states here that "....Finished RJ45 modular can pass through without being removed; Inner diameter of boot is 17.5mm".

I have not used these, I cannot attest to their usefulness.