event alert on nvr

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi guys i have all my cameras set to continus recording also motion derection enabled ticked on my nvr but allthough i get the solid blue line on playback i was hoping to get some markers showing actual events to save me trawling through footage to see if anyone has been around ,is this possible

fvhjof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can see smart event green markers when you use playback on your NVR via HDMI or VGA output, but it doesn't work when you use web interface

fvhjof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
alastairstevenson, thank you so much. I've missed there is a button in web playback interface where you can choose what layer (moving, line crossing, intrusion detection) to show additionally to continuous recording. Thanks a lot.

dabert

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been looking for this feature for ages but it seems to be not available on my 7616NI-E2 - below is a screenshot how my options look at the bottom on playback. I have recently upgraded to 3.4.95 but it was the same on 3.4.90 and 3.4.91.

Is this a feature not included with this particular model or can I change something to activate it?

upload_2017-7-24_11-15-45.png

dabert

n3wb
Reaction score
BTW: Lince crossing and intrudion detection are active on my cams and do record ok to the respective SD cards inside the cams

dabert

n3wb
Reaction score
PS: When I got the NVR a year ago, it came with 3.4.90 - can it be that this selkection button was introduced on 3.4.80 and if you did not have this release at one point, the button is not there?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this a feature not included with this particular model or can I change something to activate it?
It is available, but it's greyed out unless you are actually playing the recorded video.
And of course you need to have motion events enabled.

dabert

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much Alistair!!

Ok - I have to set the screen to display one window and then activate the button while playing - that works - but only for motion (red alarm strips showing below blue continous line).

Any idea why this does not work for intrusion / line crossing? I have setup dual-vca in all cams and intrusion / line crossing as well (same schedule / linkage as for motion) - just tested it a couple of times: When intrusion / line crossing is happening, upload to cam SD card "on event" works, email about intrusion / line crossing is sent but no red stripes are displayed in the web interface under the continous blue line (with intrusion or linbe crossing selected)....

Also - is it correct in general that only one channel at a time can be replayed in the web interface?

Thanks in advance for your input!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any idea why this does not work for intrusion / line crossing?
It doesn't display for intrusion detection or line crossing for me either - despite the selections that apparently should show it.
I keep asking myself if I should try to figure out why, but I haven't looked so far.
Also - is it correct in general that only one channel at a time can be replayed in the web interface?
Yes, that's also my experience.

I've not (yet) looked at the recently released 3.4.95 NVR firmware to see if there are any changes in this area, and they are not mentioned in the release notes, which are more about bugfixes for stability.

dabert

n3wb
Reaction score
Roger that - at least then it is not down to me doing something wrong, apparently. Maybe Hikvision will gracefully add that later...

I have already upgraded to 3.4.95 and can report no major apparent changes (actually none), except for one observation: Before (for the last couple of month), I had trouble accessing the cam recordings on the iphone via the IVMS 4500 and EZVIZ app (HIK Connect worked), as it would load the gallery up to around 80% and then get stuck (wheel spinning), no matter if using LTE or Wifi. This now seems to have been fixed as it works again for me on all 3 apps (only my NVR is connected via P2P).