event requests: 00002efe notice from one cam... hundreds per day

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Xonz XZ-112D-R 1 Megapixel IP Camera from Amazon (click here). Lately, I have noticed dozens, if not hundreds of event request notifications in BI from this camera each day. They are all 00002efe. I wonder if anyone knows what this might be?

A little background on the cam.
1. It is wired to BI using a pair of Cisco APs set in bridge mode. I have used this exact setup with another cam for years with no problems. I simply swapped to a newer camera a while back.
2. Since I am unable to change the pw on the cam, I have blocked all internet traffic to/from this cam in my router... it is set to static IP and can only communicate on the LAN.
3. The cam works fine and BI is capturing recordings/behaving as expected, except for the recent phenomenon of these errors showing up. BI is set to record on motion from this (as with all 10) of my cams.

If the notifications are harmless, I have no worries. But, event notifications are there for a reason, obviously. So I suspect something deeper is going on.

I have been running my BI installation for a couple of years now. No major setting changes, or anything that I can immediately think of that would be causing this.

Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
fenderman,
Thanks for the input. I made sure everything is off in the camera settings for BI that I could find (except for record on motion and create a trigger image). But, I still have just under 1000 event requests in less than 12 hours. Is there somewhere else I should be checking, other than in the camera properties? Thanks.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe that what @fenderman suggested is that you disable (uncheck) Blue Iris > Camera Properties > Video > Configure > Get Events with PullPointSubscription

screenshot.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Q2U for the extra point. I found the preference and that seems to have stopped it.

What does the push/pull function do?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Q2U for the extra point. I found the preference and that seems to have stopped it.

What does the push/pull function do?
it pulls onvif motion detection triggers from the camera...some cameras do not properly implement onvif...if you are using blue iris motion detection its completely necessary.

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fender man and Q2U. My issue is resolved. You were absolutely correct in your diagnosis.
Cheers!