Events: reguest 8000ffff

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What does this mean? This message repeats non stop in my Status/messages window for 2 of my cameras.
In the log, it looks like this:
1 05.10.2016 16:02:44 OBS Events: request 8000ffff
1 05.10.2016 16:02:45 Door Events: request 8000ffff

Bill Scruggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I had to uncheck "Get events with PullPointSubscription".
It is in the Video/Network page in camera properties. Go to the Video tab and then "Configure"
I'm not sure why this just started with the latest update. Waiting on a response from Support.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Did you ever get a response? This is the notation in the help section/manual:

The Get events with PullPointSubscription setting is set automatically if you use the Find/Inspect tool and it discovers that your camera supports Events. The software will monitor the events stream from the camera in order to facilitate camera-based motion detection and triggering, which also must be enabled on the Motion/Trigger tab. It has been found that some cameras do not properly support this, resulting in a high network activity as the software attempts to pull the events, in which case you may wish to override this feature by disabling it.
I was getting this on a single camera (Hikvision). Based on how I read the paragraph above, it would seem that the check box is normally off, unless the camera was added using the ONIVF find/inspection tool. I was having abnormally high CPU numbers, and was seeing the same 8000FFFF error in the logs every so often. Since unchecking it, the CPU has dropped about 20% and no more errors.

CA_Tallguy

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm perplexed by the same thing. I have four cameras that are the same. Same firmware on the cameras. All have PullPointSubscription option ticked. Apparently the same settings in Blue Iris (compared the camera configuration screens side by side with screen shots). 2 cameras are generating alerts "Events: request 8000ffff" every second or so. The others do not. Been digging through settings in both Blue Iris and cameras to try to find the difference and have been trying to get them identical but still can't figure out what the difference is. Next step when I get some time will be to swap IP addresses on the cameras to see if alerts stay with the IP addresses or with the cameras.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm perplexed by the same thing. I have four cameras that are the same. Same firmware on the cameras. Both have PullPointSubscription option ticked. Apparently the same settings in Blue Iris (compared the camera configuration screens side by side with screen shots). 2 cameras are sending alerts "Events: request 8000ffff" every second or so. The others do not. Been digging through settings in both Blue Iris and cameras to try to find the difference and have been trying to get them identical but still can't figure out what the difference is. Next step when I get some time will be to swap IP addresses on the cameras to see if alerts stay with the IP addresses or with the cameras.
Blur iris motion detection is far superior to the cameras...Why bother ...

CA_Tallguy

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm just getting my feet wet with the program but the way it is setup it seems like Blue Iris can use BOTH which I find quite appealing. Under "trigger" you can tick off Blue Iris motion detection along with "Camera's digital input or motion" so that leads me to believe that both will be running. I do a little bit of programming myself and I'll always opt for having more data available in decision making logic than less. I'm not sure if Blue Iris does much with it other than trigger alarms with either/or/both but thought I'd check it out. Further, some of the software in cameras is becoming rather advanced with tons of analytics and I have at least one situation where I'd like to implement "object missing" analytics built into a camera. Not sure if I can with Blue Iris but I am hopeful since the developer doesn't disregard camera alerts wholesale as other software makers do.

In any case, if anyone has some ideas about these warnings in the log, any info would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just getting my feet wet with the program but the way it is setup it seems like Blue Iris can use BOTH which I find quite appealing. Under "trigger" you can tick off Blue Iris motion detection along with "Camera's digital input or motion" so that leads me to believe that both will be running. I do a little bit of programming myself and I'll always opt for having more data available in decision making logic than less. I'm not sure if Blue Iris does much with it other than trigger alarms with either/or/both but thought I'd check it out. Further, some of the software in cameras is becoming rather advanced with tons of analytics and I have at least one situation where I'd like to implement "object missing" analytics built into a camera. Not sure if I can with Blue Iris but I am hopeful since the developer doesn't disregard camera alerts wholesale as other software makers do.

In any case, if anyone has some ideas about these warnings in the log, any info would be appreciated.
It can do both but it makes no sense to use the cameras motion detection if using blue iris detection as well...there is absolutely no benefit except if you enjoy false alert....it doesnt use the cameras data in conjunction with its own, it will simply trigger based on the cams..as far as missing object detection, most likely that is not passed via standard onvif protocols as an alert...

CA_Tallguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Apparently it does use camera data in conjunction with its own -- both can extend the same alarm. If one starts the alarm the other can extend it. They are both apparently included in the "break time" option. In addition, I have noticed that it seems Blue Iris isn't passing through as many false alerts as the cameras are generating (it feels like it, at least). Anyway, your point is duly noted. I might argue weather BI motion is the best in the world as there are a lot of people writing motion detection algorithms and some might work better in some situations than others. But we're off topic here. I don't find "just turn it off" to be a very satisfying answer to the original query.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently it does use camera data in conjunction with its own -- both can extend the same alarm. If one starts the alarm the other can extend it. They are both apparently included in the "break time" option. In addition, I have noticed that it seems Blue Iris isn't passing through as many false alerts as the cameras are generating (it feels like it, at least). Anyway, your point is duly noted. I might argue weather BI motion is the best in the world as there are a lot of people writing motion detection algorithms and some might work better in some situations than others. But we're off topic here. I don't find "just turn it off" to be a very satisfying answer to the original query.
That is not using it in conjunction, either or both will trigger an alert. That makes zero sense. All you are doing is allowing the camera to trigger lots of false alerts. I did not say BI motion is the best..there are lots of advanced software algorithms that are better. I am saying its much better than the cameras. Using the cams motion together with blue iris motion completely defeats the benefit of blue iris motion..
If you are OCD (we see alot of that here) and need a solution, the only way to get it is via email support, no one here will be able to explain why one camera is working and anther is not if they are identical with the same firm ware.

Bobber

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever get any further with this?
I'm experiencing a similar problem where two of the same model camera are giving different results, even though all BI settings look identical.
In my case I DO want the PullPointSubscription option ticked because I have implemented PIR sensors plugged into the Alarm inputs on the back of the cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you ever get any further with this?
I'm experiencing a similar problem where two of the same model camera are giving different results, even though all BI settings look identical.
In my case I DO want the PullPointSubscription option ticked because I have implemented PIR sensors plugged into the Alarm inputs on the back of the cameras.
What is the exact issue you are having? what cameras? what version of blue iris?

Bobber

n3wb
Reaction score
BI: 4.6.6.1 x64
Amcrest IP2M-841 w firmware 2.520.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2017-06-29
Problem is a mob of "Events: request 8000ffff" log entries.
I've got about 6 of these that work as expected, but a new one is generating the extraneous log entries.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI: 4.6.6.1 x64
Amcrest IP2M-841 w firmware 2.520.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2017-06-29
Problem is a mob of "Events: request 8000ffff" log entries.
I've got about 6 of these that work as expected, but a new one is generating the extraneous log entries.
Are the 6 working cams running the same firmware?
if so, delete the camera in BI and import settings from one of the working cams and test.

Bobber

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the new camera was created in BI as a copy of an identical camera (same model/firmware) that doesn't create the log cloggage.

Bobber

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman,
I respect your BI knowledge and your dedication this forum.
I responded to CA_Tallguy, hoping he might answer, but I wonder whether he found your last response too aggressive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman,
I respect your BI knowledge and your dedication this forum.
I responded to CA_Tallguy, hoping he might answer, but I wonder whether he found your last response too aggressive.
He is no longer here due to being an ass. I got rid of him. You will need to email support.