Events: Subscription 00000191

AOHC

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Anyone experiencing the above "yello warning" light? The camera is a DLink DCS 960L, seems to work fine, other than audio is less than ideal, and as I contiue to debug the audio.

But this caution boggles me. I cannot seem to find anything about it.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

AOHC

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks fenderman. Problem solved.

Dont know why out of 6 cams this one was "checked". Help appreciated.

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just started getting the Events Subscription 00000191 this morning, but I didn't change any settings. Why would that happen and how do I turn of Get events? I can't find it in the camera settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just started getting the Events Subscription 00000191 this morning, but I didn't change any settings. Why would that happen and how do I turn of Get events? I can't find it in the camera settings.
in the video config settings tab

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, got it now. For those looking in the future right click on your camera, select Camera properties, then select the Video tab and then Configure... Then uncheck Get Events with PullPointSubscription.

By the way, what would this event mean?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, got it now. For those looking in the future right click on your camera, select Camera properties, then select the Video tab and then Configure... Then uncheck Get Events with PullPointSubscription.

By the way, what would this event mean?
its onvif events for the cam...

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In many cases if you use find/inspect for your camera this option will be checked. I have it checked on three different Hikvision camera models as I'm successfully able to use Hikvision's intrusion detection features with Blue Iris instead of using the camera's and BI's motion detection features which cuts down on false alarms (the feature also enables the use of line crossing detection in BI, but don't use it). Anyway, I also get the subscription warnings in the BI status window for these cameras--are these warnings expected indications when the pullpointsubscription box is checked, or is it simply an incompatibility with my particular cameras? BI Help states:

The Get events with PullPointSubscription setting is set automatically if you use the Find/Inspect tool and it discovers that your camera supports Events. The software will monitor the events stream from the camera in order to facilitate camera-based motion detection and triggering, which also must be enabled on the Motion/Trigger tab. It has been found that some cameras do not properly support this, resulting in a high network activity as the software attempts to pull the events, in which case you may wish to override this feature by disabling it.

events.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In many cases if you use find/inspect for your camera this option will be checked. I have it checked on three different Hikvision camera models as I'm successfully able to use Hikvision's intrusion detection features with Blue Iris instead of using the camera's and BI's motion detection features which cuts down on false alarms (the feature also enables the use of line crossing detection in BI, but don't use it). Anyway, I also get the subscription warnings in the BI status window for these cameras--are these warnings expected indications when the pullpointsubscription box is checked, or is it simply an incompatibility with my particular cameras? BI Help states:

The Get events with PullPointSubscription setting is set automatically if you use the Find/Inspect tool and it discovers that your camera supports Events. The software will monitor the events stream from the camera in order to facilitate camera-based motion detection and triggering, which also must be enabled on the Motion/Trigger tab. It has been found that some cameras do not properly support this, resulting in a high network activity as the software attempts to pull the events, in which case you may wish to override this feature by disabling it.

View attachment 21634
fyi blue iris zone cross is way more accurate than anything in a hikvision camera...

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman, I'll try experimenting with zone crossing again--haven't had much luck despite the help file and posts here. Do you happen to know if the events subscription notifications in my status window are expected indications because I'm using the 'get events,' or are the Hiks simply not entirely compatible with the service? I am successfully able to use the feature (getting the alerts in BI) and don't seem to have any demonstrable network activity increase.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman, I'll try experimenting with zone crossing again--haven't had much luck despite the help file and posts here. Do you happen to know if the events subscription notifications in my status window are expected indications because I'm using the 'get events,' or are the Hiks simply not entirely compatible with the service? I am successfully able to use the feature (getting the alerts in BI) and don't seem to have any demonstrable network activity increase.
No idea...I would ask support