Every new camera I add appears to have low FPS

DCFidget

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently added three new IP cams to my setup. They are all setup exactly like the others, but are all low framerate in recording and live view, although my stats are showing 25 FPS for all of my cameras. I tried cloning some of my other cams to see if it was the cams themselves or the software, but the older cams do the same exact thing, proving that it is definitely not the cams themselves, but something in the software. I have two identical cams setup next to eachother in live view. One is smoothe and the other is choppy. Yes, they are cheap cameras - I am using Wanscams. But I also have a few Amcrests, and I tried cloning those as well with the same results. I have no idea what is going on. Help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently added three new IP cams to my setup. They are all setup exactly like the others, but are all low framerate in recording and live view, although my stats are showing 25 FPS for all of my cameras. I tried cloning some of my other cams to see if it was the cams themselves or the software, but the older cams do the same exact thing, proving that it is definitely not the cams themselves, but something in the software. I have two identical cams setup next to eachother in live view. One is smoothe and the other is choppy. Yes, they are cheap cameras - I am using Wanscams. But I also have a few Amcrests, and I tried cloning those as well with the same results. I have no idea what is going on. Help!
Cloning does not pull a separate stream from the camera so something strange is going on... What is your CPU usage?

DCFidget

n3wb
Reaction score
My cpu usage is around 35%, although even when gaming on the same computer, I've never run into any framerate issues. I made sure everything was set to direct to disc as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My cpu usage is around 35%, although even when gaming on the same computer, I've never run into any framerate issues. I made sure everything was set to direct to disc as well.
Are you running the demo?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, everything is wired
Exclude blue iris drom antivirus...
If that doesn't work do a clean install... For that matter you should be running blueiris on a dedicated machine not on a machine you game on or used for other purposes.. it should have a clean installation of windows...