Expert Recommendations for Live Streaming Camera

Reaction score
Over a long period I have gotten really good advice on these forums. I have a coworker that happens to have a nice "river" view, and he wants to stream it (his thinking is ofc youtube), but he doesn't really want a dedicated computer setup purely for that purpose (he has one today for the Dahua 720p, but wishes it wasn't necessary). Obviously, there could be some other challenges like upload speed, bandwidth caps etc we are exploring, but the condo has fiber so eventually they should have decent internet at each apartment.

There are several threads about streaming to youtube, but wondering if the newer cameras will work without a computer (his request, although he didn't seem 100% opposed to Raspberry PI)? I asked him what he'd been looking at, he sent me this camera: Net Cam XL to replace an old Dahua 720p. The area he wants to watch is about 50 feet from his deck, and looking at the map the river is possibly 200-300 feet. He said a 45-degree FOV and good picture during the day without complete garbage picture at night would be his preference. It sounds more like a "boat watching" request, than actually security or identification of boaters, and he doesn't really seem interested in PTZing around at all.

Any suggestions, the camera he was looking at is $1100 and he'd have to get a weatherproof case on top of that, so anything in the ballpark is probably a good candidate. I have the IPC-PFW8800-A180 but I find where the sensors come together to be a little distracting, and he doesn't need 180-degree FOV either.