Exploding bait box (not mine)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a good one. I wonder if any of his cameras can capture a license plate? If that was my house I would have had the plate number.
Indeed, from what I could tell he did not have enough pixels covering the street.

suddenstop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's funny as hell. This is also the first time I heard they are called porch pirates.

I think there are some good lessons here in the cam placement. That guy was wearing what thieves seem to always wear - hoodies. I did not see any shots that would get a face id, and as mentioned no street shots or LPR. This is how my setup originally was - you see these shots covering the whole yard and think you have great coverage. Then something happens and you realize covering a large area is great for a general idea of whats going on, but if you want to id and catch perps its not enough. I invested in better cams, am in the process of adding street shots, and found that cams that are lower to the ground looking straight on a face at a chokepoint are needed in addition to overall coverage shots.

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome video but if someone really does this and the bad guy gets hurt and sues, he'll win, easily.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
put some really smelly liquid or old milk in a bowl in the box and poke small holes in it....grabbing the box will cause it to spill..by the time they are in the car, that crap is dripping all over the place