Export a Clip to Avi format

Jose Caro

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, i have to export a clip to avi format, but this option is disabled, the export/trim option is disabled.
I cant mark begin and end of the clip to export. How can i do it with versión 4.?
All my clips are in BVR format

Here is a screen cap where the option is disabled.

Thanks.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...close blue iris, right click on the blue iris icon and select run as administrator...see if that helps..

Jose Caro

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...close blue iris, right click on the blue iris icon and select run as administrator...see if that helps..

Thanks, i have found the solution, i was in view mode, not in clip mode, you only have two double click in the clip and now you can export.

FoulFoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting an old post... but this had me confused for about half an hour until I saw this. If you're trying to export a clip, and you right-click on your clip in the list of clips, the option to "Convert / Export" will be grayed out. You need to double-click the clip (to view it), and then right-click on the main viewer window to get the functional "Convert / Export" option.

Unless I'm missing something, either the "Convert / Export" option should be removed from the right-menu Clip list, or made functional. Pretty confusing otherwise, as I spent a lot of time checking permissions and Blue Iris option menus.

Foul

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting an old post... but this had me confused for about half an hour until I saw this. If you're trying to export a clip, and you right-click on your clip in the list of clips, the option to "Convert / Export" will be grayed out. You need to double-click the clip (to view it), and then right-click on the main viewer window to get the functional "Convert / Export" option.

Unless I'm missing something, either the "Convert / Export" option should be removed from the right-menu Clip list, or made functional. Pretty confusing otherwise, as I spent a lot of time checking permissions and Blue Iris option menus.

Foul
it does work, you are doing something wrong. The OP had a completely different issue.

FoulFoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope, just looked at it again. "Convert/Export" (as well as "FTP Backup") are grayed out when right-clicking a clip from the Clips list. Selecting a clip to view it (full screen) enables the "Convert/Export" option.

Yes, the OP was talking about trimming a clip, but the key was double-clicking the clip from the clip list. It's focusing the program on that clip and enabling options.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, just looked at it again. "Convert/Export" (as well as "FTP Backup") are grayed out when right-clicking a clip from the Clips list. Selecting a clip to view it (full screen) enables the "Convert/Export" option.

Yes, the OP was talking about trimming a clip, but the key was double-clicking the clip from the clip list. It's focusing the program on that clip and enabling options.
Again, it works. you are doing something incorrectly. I dont have a magic pc.
Most likely you are trying to export an alert. You cannot export an alert because an alert is not a video recording, it is simply a pointer to a clip.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Works fine for me, although I would never use it that way. I always edit what I export.

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to export from more than one camera or all at the same time, instead of having to do each of them individually?