Export Time Lapse is greyed out for export from BVR files.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I had this the other day... Do you have the include audio checkbox enabled? Have to uncheck that as time lapse does not get audio. At least that's what I found. Hopefully that's all it is for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried every combination of checkbox, nothing seems to enable it
As per the release notes, the export has to be initiated in the viewer not from the clips list.
  • A time-lapse output feature has been added to the Convert/Export page. You may specify the speed factor (time multiplier) and output fps. The option is currently only available when used from the viewer with BVR source files.

Reaction score
So it can only be initiated when exporting from a single BVR source file? I don't see how I would do that spanning more than one file.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So it can only be initiated when exporting from a single BVR source file? I don't see how I would do that spanning more than one file.
yes, just as you would when exporting with the clips list and in fact any export even standard speed. Remember blue iris is not video editing software.

DCloseUp

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the same issue - Time-Lapse greyed out. I believe I am running it from the viewer window and I have unchecked the "Include audio track" option but still no luck.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue - Time-Lapse greyed out. I believe I am running it from the viewer window and I have unchecked the "Include audio track" option but still no luck.
you have to check reencode

DCloseUp

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

I'm wondering too if my help file is out of date. The time-lapse option does not appear there.

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Removing the check mark from include audio enables my time lapse to be clicked and it works, I just tried it.

Another way to make time lapse videos is under the record tab select "periodic each", and min to 1 to 60 seconds and seconds to zero so it records one frame every however many seconds you select in min. I use 5-15. Works well if you don't need continuous recording on that camera during the time lapse shooting. Otherwise your left with the time lapse export option from your continuous video or clip.