Exporting Configuration Files - Problem

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I tried exporting the configuration files for a couple of my Hikvision cameras and I ran into the weirdest problem

First of all, when I export the files (Configuration > Maintenance > Export > Device Parameters) it won't let me add or change the file type. It defaults to the wildcard *.* in the save as file type box. So I can actually export the 'parameters' but the only way I can see the file is by using the export dialog box. If I browse the folder where I saved the files - they don't show up! I have tried turning on show hidden files, don't hide protected os files, etc

So the only way I can see that the file has been created is through the export dialog box.

Anyone else run into this problem and if so, what is the work around?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So the only way I can see that the file has been created is through the export dialog box.
I would guess that Windows has forced IE to use the Virtualstore Temporary Internet files folder tree as it doesn't trust the site the browser is connected to.
By default this folder structure is hidden, and masquerades as what you think it is, but in reality is virtualised.
Try adding the camera IP address to Trusted Sites in the broswer and try saving again.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks for the help

It was definitely Internet explorer (I hate that browser!)

I went into Internet Options > Security and unchecked the 'Protected Mode' box. I can now save the files anywhere - it still won't let me set a file extension, but I can deal with it

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The only thing I use internet explorer for is to change settings on my cameras and the computer is dedicated to Blue Iris (no web surfing). I guess I could always just check the box again after I am done exporting the files

Tom_C

n3wb
Reaction score
The files can be accessed in virtualized drive tree located here:
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\