exporting video reccomended settings?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've searched around, read the wiki and cliff notes and I'm unable to find a discussion of recommended settings for exporting video clips. I know it depends on what quality you want so I am hoping to get a thread together for future questions that might help others as well.

Are there recommended export settings for a file to email? Or a file to even text? I guess the best quality would be to export with no regard to size although many people might not understand how we upload it to a cloud share (onedrive, dropbox, etc). I have seen in other software where you select as part of your output, you select your desired reference size (suitable for email, youtube, cloudshare, text, etc).

On page 114 of the help file, I see that you could change the Preset from SuperFast to Ultrafast or VeryFast. Also, you could remove the Zero Frame Latency checkbox. Also, it explains how you may want to change the output frame to a more suitable size. With there being so many options to change, it would take forever to go through all of them. Does anyone have certain selections they like to change from default when exporting a clip?

Attachments