"Exposure Comp"

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm putting my first dahua into a LPR role. I'm adjusting my settings for nighttime exposure. I'm familiar with digital photography: iris, gain, shutter, etc all make sense. what does "exposure comp" do when the camera is in manual mode, which field is it overriding to adjust the exposure?

1610244655563.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Good question and I dont know either... my guess is its controlling the iris in some way

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Even with a fixed iris cam, the exposure comp could adjust other parameters to simulate adjusting the iris - raise or lower gain or gamma for example.

Jomsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes could be. I miss understood the sentence due english is not my native language.. anyway its Intersting feature

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For shutter do no fix it but use manual 0 to 1 ms , the camera will increase the shutter speed if there is enough light
Fix the Iris to 100

With these settings i have very good results day and night
with the new firmware (07 / 2020) you can have manual focus and fix the focus day and night

in manual mode exposure comp doesnt run , only in auto / shutter priority mode.

1610320529289.png

1610320605736.png

BICK

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if vehicles are not going too fast you can reduce the shutter speed to 1/500 (0 - 2 ms)
it is important to use CBR to read licences plates, with VBR the camera will adjust its bitrate according to the movements in the scene of the image, if nothing happens, the bitrate will drop, if something happens it will increase, if a car arrives quickly the camera will not have time to increase it and you can have a rotten image while your basic setting is good :)

BICK