Eyesurv/Dahua nvr fan replacement

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had an eyesurv nvr that is just out of warranty quit on me at one of my distant properties. After a 3 hour drive, there and back I found out the fan quit working in the nvr causing it to overheat and lock up. I found a possible fan replacement at DVR Motherboard Fan but does not list any other part numbers or other information.

It appearsto be about 40mm compared to the case fan that I put over the top of it. I included a photo before I took it off of the heatsink. It's basically just a fan without a case and 3 screw holes after its removed from the heatsink. Wish I could just replace the heatsink all together with a large heatsink and no fan....or put a quiet fan on it.

I know I can just mount a fan straight to the heatsink with 4 screws but wanted a more factory replacement.

Attachments

Alexus

n3wb
Reaction score
Yea, it's a crappy 40mm fan. I've replaced one of those in an old Dahua's NVR (which I since replaced with another NVR), I didn't even bother looking for an exact fan model - I just bought the best (meaning "made by Noctua") 40mm fan at Amazon (you can also try Newegg instead of Amazon) and screwed it on directly onto heatsink's fins. Noctua's fans are basically the longest-lasting/most reliable fans you can get, although they're significantly more expensive than other options. If you want to save a few $$$ and don't really care about fan's longevity - just go with any cheaper alternative made by Scythe/Sunon/whatever.

Oh, and yea, the fan's power connector might not fit the pins on the NVR's motherboard but 5 minutes with soldering iron fixes all such "incompatibility issues" ;-)