Eyesurv ION 8 nvr playback export question

buddythacat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 5 dahua 3mp IP cameras to go with my ION 8 nvr and told I finally decided to check out the export from playback option. Lo and behold, my resolution in the playback was 704x576! I thought this nvr maxed at playing back at 1080P....I double checked my main and sub stream options on my cameras and all have the main set up at the highest it allows (when I assume ION 8 downgrades to 1080P) and the sub streams at D1 704x576. I went into my nvr to check the channel status and it says under "Stream" - 1080P; then under "Main/Substream" - 704x576/704x576 so I went into encoding and all my settings are the same as my camera's IP settings, what gives?

I really don't want that resolution when I download to show for evidence, its not even 720P quality and I'm sure I missed a setting.

Advice?

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,

you will need to knock your cameras down to 1080p in order for this NVR to record mainstream, right now you have them set to 3MP, so your NVR is defaulting to the only stream it can accept which is the substream. This NVR can only take in 1080p streams or less. Put your cameras rez at 1080p and this problem will be resolved.

buddythacat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

you will need to knock your cameras down to 1080p in order for this NVR to record mainstream, right now you have them set to 3MP, so your NVR is defaulting to the only stream it can accept which is the substream. This NVR can only take in 1080p streams or less. Put your cameras rez at 1080p and this problem will be resolved.

This is what I needed to hear! I was always under the assumption that I had to leave my mainstreams at the max output it can do according to the camera itself when in reality, the ION 8 can only handle streams up to 1080P yet I forced it to default to the lowest setting verses the right set max of 1080P?

buddythacat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Sean, its me again. I returned the ION NVR 8 and upgraded it to the ION NVR 16. Its been better, and I haven't exported the video playback yet...(installed today), but only 4 of 5 "connected" cameras are viewing, one camera in particular is a red x and when I mouse over it, it gives this little monitor dialog on it and when clicked it asks if I wanna synchronize it or something crazy, so I just say ok, doesn't display regardless of what I choose.

Also, I took a pic of the channel status and it looks a lot like my ION 8 NVR did before I exported it as D1 stream. I've changed all my IP camera's settings to 3MP since thats what this NVR is capable of and I'll add pictures for you to notice. If you have time, please take a look:

Whats the deal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its those darn Dahua 4MP cameras that have that odd 3MP format. A true Dahua 3MP camera with the format of 2048x1536 or most other 3MP cameras with that format should work no issues, but those Dahua's have that really odd 3MP format that I have never seen before. Im fairly certain I had the same issue when putting them on a Hikvision NVR as well.