EZVIZ C3C - bound to another account

Gandi69

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I just purchased a used ezviz C3C camera from an online reseller and I have found it is already bound to another Ezviz account. I believe these cameras are related to Hikvision (parent company)
As these camera are POE powered and hard to find now Ireally dont want to send it back for a refund so is there anyway to get it "unbound" from the account? I can provide proof of purchase and serial numbers etc.
EZVIZ support have said just to return it to the seller/store and purchase a new device which I think is a bit wasteful.

Gandi69

n3wb
Reaction score
Ive tried that method unfortunately but it seems once a device is registered on the platform its bound to it regardless of a reset. I wish to use the EZviz app with this camera you see

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
With the caveat that I've never actually tried this - I've only seen it as a menu choice - maybe see if the 'Unbind' button on SADP (3.0.4.5) does what you're looking for.

Gandi69

n3wb
Reaction score
With the caveat that I've never actually tried this - I've only seen it as a menu choice - maybe see if the 'Unbind' button on SADP (3.0.4.5) does what you're looking for.
have been trying this and have had no luck, it asks for an admin password and i've no idea what that would be.

Gandi69

n3wb
Reaction score
I have done some digging on this forum and it appears some users were unbinding cameras for people upon them asking, does this still happen?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have done some digging on this forum and it appears some users were unbinding cameras for people upon them asking, does this still happen?
I have no idea - I never have, and probably never will, trust any IoT cloud services.
With few exceptions, 'phoning home' isn't allowed from the LAN.

Gandi69

n3wb
Reaction score
the general thing it would seem is if the devices are bound to an account and you cant get access to that account then the camera is effectively dead for cloud services. It will work on the lan via RSTP stream as you can "preconfig" ssid settings on these cameras via the memory card but it just wont work with the app. A shame really as EZVIZ no longer make a POE camera.

rady

n3wb
Reaction score
the general thing it would seem is if the devices are bound to an account and you cant get access to that account then the camera is effectively dead for cloud services. It will work on the lan via RSTP stream as you can "preconfig" ssid settings on these cameras via the memory card but it just wont work with the app. A shame really as EZVIZ no longer make a POE camera.
I want to use ONLY in LAN, but the nvr are asking for a login to see the LAN stream