Ezviz C3s difficulties with Wifi setup-connection

Alf_NL

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, this camera can be connected either PoE or Wifi. There is an app which should manage all easy.
With the app the camera is introduced with an QR code - OK
Then you can choose for LAN or Wifi connection.
I want Wifi and the camera tells you to have 2.4Ghz active on your router and phone and have the camera switched on. Then you should enter your Wifi-password in the app and hold the phone close to the camera for wifi-push... This doesn't work.
Then an alternative is offered for QR scanning on your phone by the C3s. Also no succes.

I found an tip to connect with LAN (this works) and download Ezviz Studio, where you should be able to manage the Wifi succesfully. But, I cannot find this in Network setting of Ezviz Studio, so:

- Does anyone know how to connect the C3s succesfully with the app?
- Or, doe anyone know how to arrange Wifi connection in Ezviz Studio?

Al Kirk

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed a C3C camera last year, maybe I can give you some pointers. I don't remember exactly the steps taken and my camera was a Chinese version. So, cannot guarantee it would work.
1) Download and install the SADP software from Hikvision Oops:The page you are visiting may have been deleted,renamed or inaccessible.
2) Hook up your camera to the router and have SADP search for it;
3) If the camera is already activated, go on to the next step. Otherwise, give it a password and activate the camera. Important: Be sure to record the password somewhere. If you lose it, you will have problem connecting to some of the Hikvision software and will need to ask Hikvision for a code to reset your camera.
4) Open a browser (preferrably IE) and enter the camera's IP. It will open up the camera's interface. Enter the password you gave it to enter.
5)You should see something like this:
upload_2017-7-9_19-15-16.png
- Uncheck use DHCP and enter IP info for the camera. For IP4 Default Gateway, use your router's default gateway (e.g. 192.168.1.1). For (6) enter your ISP's DNS address. Save.
- Next, goto the Wan page.
upload_2017-7-9_19-24-30.png
- Enter the same info as in the LAN page. Save.
- Goto Network/Advanced setting
upload_2017-7-9_19-42-24.png
- Search for your WiFi, pick and enter the password. Save.

At this point, you have set up your camera. Unplug the Cat5/6 wire. Re-start your browser and try to access your camera. Hopefully, success. Otherwise, check to make sure you entered the data correctly.

Couple of points to point out:-
a) I do not have access to the camera, what I wrote above is from memory and the notes I have.
b) Although my camera's model no. is different from yours, I believe they are very similar. However, I find that Hikvision has been putting up road blocks to discourage people from buying the Chinese version of their cameras to use outside China. So my method may not work on yours. I currently am trying to install a home IPCAM from them which is pretty new (C6Tc) so far without success. The international version of the Ezviz Studio kept saying the camera is offline. I tried the Chinese version and they needed my phone number for verification to register. That's no good.