EZVIZ Cameras

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
We have tested a Hikvision Ezviz 1080p kit. It's almost 100% regular Hikvision with UI and color changes. If you like Hikvision, you will probably like Ezviz. The Ezviz cameras included are entry level Hikvision.

We tested the TVI analog version, so I cannot confirm if the Ezviz IP cameras will work with third party VMSes, like Blue Iris. That said, I am not sure why one would buy a kit that comes with an NVR, and then not use the NVR. At that point, and for that price, you might as well just buy regular Hikvision IP cameras and connect them to Blue Iris.

Joby619

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone tested the Ezviz NVR to see if it's compatible with other cameras? Form what I've read on another forum, this NVR is only compatible with other EZviz cameras, but judging from the pics of the back of the NVR it's just like a hikvision 7600 NVR.

JrasikCdub

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought two EZVIZ Husky outdoor bullet cams and the EZVIZ NVR (the 'Vault' I think it's called). They are running via wifi and the OEM power cord. I did not run ethernet for the reason below.

I've had them up for a few months and overall I like them but with a few significant buts:

1) Once a week or so one of the cameras (could be either when this occurs) will 'disconnect'. I can't see it in the EZVIZ app. The window for it is blank with a "disconnected' error. What I've learned is that it's still recording to the NVR during this error. The fix has been to unplug it for ~10 seconds. Annoying but I've give it an easy fix. I may replace the outlet the cameras use with a smart outlet so I can reset the power while I'm away.

2) Ethernet was my first choice but I could not get it to work. To clarify I wanted it for power only as it wasn't feasible to run the cable to the NVR/router/switch area. I was told by EZVIZ tech support, and a couple of random other tech professionals, that a POE power injector could provide power while the data was still being sent over wifi. To be fair I don't know if the power injector wasn't 'powerful enough' but I could not get both cameras to power up at the same time.

Minor issues:

1) The app could be a little better. I think it only updates the screen caps of the camera feeds (on the main page before you go to either 'live' feed) if drag down the window (like a forced manual update as best as I could describe it). It's a minor annoyance. I'd be happier if I opened the app and it showed the most recent screen cap from X hours/minutes ago. As an example if I open the app at night and 'manually update the screen caps' and then don't open the app again until it's daylight then the screen caps will show the nighttime view.

2) It's fairly annoying that the ad for signing up for the online NVR subscription (I forget what it's called) takes up~1/4 to 1/3 of the 'live viewing' area by default. Each time you have to manually make it disappear.

Hulinning2

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought a system like this one from HomeDepot
EZVIZ Smart Home 4MP 8-Channel NVR 2TB Hard Drive Security Camera Surveillance System with IP PoE Cameras and Night Vision-BN-1846A2 - The Home Depot
It costs more than SamClub but it is available and meet my budget.

After upgrading firmware, NVR can support ONVIF IP camera in the system configuration. However, I have no information on which profile this NVR can support.

Has anyone tried to add extra compatible ONVIF IP cam to this EZVIZ NVR yet?
It has the same model: CS-X4-108P

I am asking for buying extra IP cam for this NVR and the Tech guys told me that the IP cam is discontinued and I can add any compatible ONVIF IP cam in the market.

Thanks