EZVIZ DB1 loosing network connection

craigers

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I got the Ezviz DB1 a bit ago and finally got around to wiring it up, but am having a disconnect issue.
After at leat 12hours of being online the doorbell will begin the fast-flashing RED led ring. I have to cut power and reboot to reconnect to it.
I'm using an 18v plugin adapter to test it out since I'll need to drill holes in my house and run wiring (currently battery op wireless button installed). I want to make sure everything works and I have all connections straight before doing this.
It is wired using the Power kit, and the App is set to Electric Chime. Distance is less than 15ft to my wifi AP so no problems with the connection, and the wireless chime is working.

Ezviz DB1: Firmware V5.2.4 build 200904.
Honywell wired-to-wireless doorbell converter -> Honeywell Series 5 plugin chime
18v power adapter

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks for your help,
Craig

wermm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I got the Ezviz DB1 a bit ago and finally got around to wiring it up, but am having a disconnect issue.
After at leat 12hours of being online the doorbell will begin the fast-flashing RED led ring. I have to cut power and reboot to reconnect to it.
I'm using an 18v plugin adapter to test it out since I'll need to drill holes in my house and run wiring (currently battery op wireless button installed). I want to make sure everything works and I have all connections straight before doing this.
It is wired using the Power kit, and the App is set to Electric Chime. Distance is less than 15ft to my wifi AP so no problems with the connection, and the wireless chime is working.

Ezviz DB1: Firmware V5.2.4 build 200904.
Honywell wired-to-wireless doorbell converter -> Honeywell Series 5 plugin chime
18v power adapter

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks for your help,
Craig
Hi
I have the same problem. Just wonder if you find any solution for that

tspevacek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I figured the issue out while experimenting with my DB1. I was on a linksys router, I figure it had to be a wifi connection issue but the red light I think are coming from the drop in power because the wifi signal does not maintain. I had tired 2 different DB1s with the same issue. I tried several transformers and even went as far to rewire the entire doorbell system. I was planning on a home network makeover with better quality equipment and a PfSense box. When I upgraded the networking I noticed that my Google home displays stopped randomly reconnecting to the network. So I decided to venture back into playing with and seeing if I could get the DB1 to work. I set up a test bench and had it running for days with out any issues and no voltage drops.

I think weak wifi signal pushes the doorbell to work harder and draw on the transformer to the point it will basically starve itself of power causing the door bell to go offline totally and set in the red light mode. I hooked the doorbell up in the same place I attempted to install it to begin with connected to the new WiFi AP and it has been online for 12 hours so far and no voltage drop. In the past it would go maybe 4 to 5 hours and it would go to red light mode. I know this is a bit late but it may help someone down the road if they have the same issue and are looking for answers.