EZVIZ DB1 - Ringtone change + quiet other device upon answering

tech191

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used the search feature on the site and looked all over the internet to no avail. I have an EZVIZ DB1 (5.2.4 200904) using the EZVIZ app running on 2 phones and a tablet permanently mounted on a wall pushing sound to ceiling speakers. There are 2 things that drive me absolutely nuts to the point where I am ready to throw this thing in the garbage:

1. On all my devices, when someone rings the doorbell, I get the Skype ringtone which is not set anywhere as a ringtone. Is there any way to change this so I can differentiate between Skype itself and the doorbell?
2. Is it possible that when someone rings the doorbell and you answer on one device, that other 2 devices shut the heck up? I will quiet it on my phone and answer the door while the other 2 devices keep going. Or if my kid is sleeping, I have to remember to mute the tablet so she doesn't wake up, which I don't always remember to do.

I am fine with the image quality, I can push the stream to my Synology which is absolutely great, but the 2 things above got me to the point where I'm willing to consider going back to a mechanical doorbell or looking into a Nest or Ring. Thank you!

Additionally, if someone can suggest a better doorbell with RTSP/OnVif support, I'm def listening. But a year after getting the Ezviz, it seems like there aren't any better options.

Last edited:

tech191

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Ezviz and their answer was "no" to either question for the DB1...which I assume would be the same for the newer DB1C. So I guess what I'd like to ask is if there's any way to do this using a different app other than Ezviz or a different tool/avenue.

carphone

n3wb
Reaction score
Totally agree, Personally I think the call your phone feature / approach they have implemented is not very well thought through. Earlier app versions simply notified you via an alert when the doorbell was pressed apparently. I would much prefer this.

Hikvision really do need to improve their software in my opinion, but you have to take the ups with the downs - great hardware poor apps / software.

Reaction score
Simply browse through our selection of ringtones and download the ones that appeal to you. Then, add them to your phone and enjoy! If you are looking for something different, be sure to check out our other categories as well. We have everything from animal sounds to movie quotes. So whatever your taste in music or sound effects, we have got you covered. Start browsing today and find the perfect ringtone for your phone!