Ezviz DB1 with no chime

cullen88

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just purchased an Ezviz DB1 and would like some advice on how to install this without a chime. The reason for this is my dog HATES the chime and loses his mind every time the doorbell is pressed. I apologise in advance if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it on the forum.

I do have an existing doorbell with a chime (a DETA model) which I intend to bypass but not remove, so that when I eventually move house I can just wire the old doorbell back up again.

So far I have the Ezviz DB1 and everything that comes in the box and that is it. The 2 main questions I have are:

Do I need to purchase anything else i.e. transformer?
How would I wire this correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just purchased an Ezviz DB1 and would like some advice on how to install this without a chime. The reason for this is my dog HATES the chime and loses his mind every time the doorbell is pressed. I apologise in advance if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it on the forum.

I do have an existing doorbell with a chime (a DETA model) which I intend to bypass but not remove, so that when I eventually move house I can just wire the old doorbell back up again.

So far I have the Ezviz DB1 and everything that comes in the box and that is it. The 2 main questions I have are:

Do I need to purchase anything else i.e. transformer?
How would I wire this correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check out our Doorbell 101