Face Detection / Face Recognition

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have the 5216-16P-4KS2E and a few of the 5442-TM-ASE Dahua camera's from Andy.

I can't figure the Face Detection / Face Recognition setup. I enabled the Face Detection via the NVR (Parameters - Face Detection). Set it to record and set a rule (area). The Face Detection so far does not appear to do anything when enabled. I perform an AI search via the NVR but there is no data. It should have detected 'faces' of people on my driveway.

With regards to Face Recognition it does not allow me to enable it for some reason (greyed out). Additionally, if I click on the Database Navigation option, I only see 'Block/Allow List' pertaining to License Plates, I don't see any options to create a database of faces or anything related to Face detection / recognition.

I checked the datasheet and it clearly shows that this NVR supports Face Detection (not sure about the face recognition - if not supposed, strange how the option would even be in the interface if not applicable).

Confused.

Thanks

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your nvr support face recognition by camera. If the camera doesnt have this feature you cant use it. Be sure enable the smart plan first and then go to face detection. Hope that helps.

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using the 5442-TM-ASE. According to the spec sheet of the camera ( ) it support Face Detection. I don't see anything about Face Recognition. I presume that Face detection is simply detected a 'face' and Face Recognition is the ability to match it up to a database of faces. The reason for my ask is because I see the option in the GUI (although the 'enable' option is greyed out, I am still able to click on the 'Face Recognition' navigation option. So I wasn't sure if it was greyed out because of something I did not enable. On the camera GUI itself it has the Face Detection option enabled. It's also enabled on my NVR when I checked.

I'm obviously doing something wrong because I don't even see any results when I perform an AI search for Face Detection in the NVR GUI.

Totoro

n3wb
Reaction score
You must have an NVR with the letter "I" on the end for face recognition. For example, NVR5216-16P-I

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok that explains why it wasn’t working. Thanks. It would have been a nice feature.
Maybe I need to start looking at blue Iris. ;)