Facial Recognition for Employee Attendance and Identifying Unauthorised People

psnsfrg

n3wb
Reaction score
We have a Hikvision CCTV system composed of two NVRs (DS-96128N-I16 & DS-8664N-I8) and a number of different models of camera (can provide details if necessary), and using IVMS4200 for monitoring.

I have been asked to look into identifying employees to take their attendance (currently scan finger prints) and identify intruders/unauthorised people in the factory.

I know at least the internal cameras have facial detection features, but unsure of how to link this to a database and identify people. I know we will probably need to add some addition cameras dedicated for attendance taking, otherwise, is this possible with our current hardware/software? With BlueIris? Do we need to make any configuration changes etc?

Thanks for your input

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We have a Hikvision CCTV system composed of two NVRs (DS-96128N-I16 & DS-8664N-I8) and a number of different models of camera (can provide details if necessary), and using IVMS4200 for monitoring.

I have been asked to look into identifying employees to take their attendance (currently scan finger prints) and identify intruders/unauthorised people in the factory.

I know at least the internal cameras have facial detection features, but unsure of how to link this to a database and identify people. I know we will probably need to add some addition cameras dedicated for attendance taking, otherwise, is this possible with our current hardware/software? With BlueIris? Do we need to make any configuration changes etc?

Thanks for your input
Unfortunately your cameras dont have facial recognition. They have face detection, which cannot distinguish between faces and is not accurate in detecting faces in general for that matter.
This is an option.
Sentinel Facial Recognition: Black Edition - Free for 3 cams