Factory Reset NVR - 'No Link' Appearing on Feed - Hikvision NVR (16 PoE Cameras) - Not Sure How to View Cameras on SADP

dsafsfa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

Context
We've had a Hikvision NVR (DS-7616NI-I2/16) for some years now. It was set up by a Hikvision dealer here in the country (Ireland). It was working fine for 5 years, (didn't even need to input the password for that long) that is until recently. It just so happened that the previous guy who was given all the information regarding passwords had left (and he didn't record the password anywhere). We recently had a power outage due to maintenance and this ended up shutting down the NVR. Once I restarted the NVR, I had to input the password - a password that no one knew. :puke:

So me being completely oblivious to the enroaching despair, I read it online somewhere If I factory reset the NVR, everything would be fine! I would put a new password and wala! Back to normal. :eek::eek::eek:

It was anything but normal after that. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out this mess that has come from that. The factory reset worked, the HDD wiped & now all the feeds from the Cameras are gone. The screen simply shows 'No Link'. Under maintenance it shows that cameras are 'disconnected/not detected'. So i spent some time trying to figure this out myself but I'm going insane cause I don't have any experience with local networks or IP/Subnet addresses etc. :banghead:

Issue
So here's all the information I can gather from this. I'm using an NVR with 16 Hikvision DS-2CD2345 cameras (basically the IR-Support PoE cameras). The cameras are powered on and functioning normal but I just can't access their feed.

When I check the cameras on the NVR, they are on the 192.168.254.0 network. This is different than to the IP Network my NVR is accessed (via IP address on Browser). But I'm not sure if its a network problem, probably(?) because the Internal IPv4 address matches with the Cameras address (at least that's what its showing). I have no idea if these network setting were different before.

After connecting my PC (via Ethernet) to the router and using SADP, I can see the NVR only. But I have no idea where to start in regards to viewing my PoE cameras on SADP cause I don't know anything about that.

I read elsewhere on this forum that it could well be a password problem. but if it is, I have no idea how to reset or fix this because the cameras were in 'Plug-and-Play' configuration when they were last setup. So im guessing they're still using the old password. So that's why I'd like to ask someone here to help me with this issue. I have no idea where to go or what to do with this (and my dealers are absolutely no help at all). How can I fix this problem?

P.S Curses Hikvision..for making it this damn hard :facepalm::facepalm: