False Alarms for Intrusion Detection

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently setup a system with a Hikvision 4K 8CH DS-7608NI-I2/8P 8 POE Network NVR (Firmware V4.1.60 build 180717) with two cameras two start. A Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I 4MP IP POE IR 4mm Outdoor Security Camera under my entry portico and a Hikvision Video HD DS-2CD2T42WD-I8 4MP IR IP Network Bullet CCTV Camera acorss the driveway.
I managed to get the Line Crossing working perfectly for the Bullet camera. The Intrusion detection has taken quite some tweaking. I have reduced all the false alarms at night due to bugs with my current settings (Sens 35), setting appropriate min and maxs. (Only tested one night though).
But my concrete exposed aggregate driveway is giving me false alarms (about 30 today from the Dome camera and 1 from bullet) during the mid afternoon due to the sun reflecting off the aggregate. Visually on the camera it looks like a speckling effect.

What is the best way to deal with this? Lower the sensitivity (is there such a point as too low where it wont pick up a person) Or try to minimize the Intrusion area (i would prefer not to since it picks up people just before they step into the entry).

Also the shadow of a plant moving in the wind (but only set off once). Would lowering the sens help this, or should I try to not include that section in the zone.

I appreciate any suggestions since the cctv cameras are fairly new to me.
Cheers.