False Motion Detection when Arm Cam

Reaction score
Good Morning Guys,
I have different HikVision DS-2CD2442, DS-2CD2142 with firmware V5.5.0.
I observe that frequently, when i enable the "motion detection" on my cams, i receive the motion detection mail instantly!
Seems that the cam comparing the image previously cached (when armed) with the new one and send the notification.
This is for sure not correct. Someone observe the same issue and has found any solution (cache clear for example.).

Thanks in advance
Gianluca

sw07tc

n3wb
Reaction score
At first, I think it's false alerts as well, but after playback all the videos. I found birds flying through or bird shadows with a split of a second will trigger it. Also, the exposer changes due to clouds covering the sun etc... or a plastic bag or something blew through the scene will trigger it. So far I haven't able to resolve it other than disabling it and stick with continuous recording as I did miss some important scenes with motion detect. The only option they provide is changing the sensitivity but you can set to drop the alerts if it's less than 1sec. This would pretty much solve my bugs/birds false alerts.

upload_2018-5-20_23-13-28.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So far I haven't able to resolve it other than disabling it and stick with continuous recording as I did miss some important scenes with motion detect.
Have you explored the more advanced Intrusion Detection and Line Crossing Detection video analytics?
These are much more able to be tuned to avoid unwanted alerts than basic motion detection.

sw07tc

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have VCA option through my NVR.
upload_2018-5-21_10-21-0.png
Is this something I need to plug the camera directly into my Cisco PoE switch instead of the NVR to see if VCA is available and enable its function?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this something I need to plug the camera directly into my Cisco PoE switch instead of the NVR to see if VCA is available and enable its function?
Not on a Hikvision NVR with Hikvision cameras - and presumably not on your Laview devices either.
The Intrusion Detection and Line Crossing Detection configurations should be available under Event | Smart Event.
upload_2018-5-21_17-5-10.png

sw07tc

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome!

Thanks for the screenshot really helps clarify this up.
The more I learn about this entry PoE system I have the more powerful I see it has to offer.

So far this is amazing experience through the years with Security cam using network/wifi foscam.