Falsing - IR/Lighting Level Shifts

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Foks,

My camera sometimes has an issue of going darker by about 20% for a second and regaining in IR. It is very irritating.

As a result, BI interprets it as object detected motion in the zone that is flagged to detect. An alarm sounds. Now, the obvious solution is the "Reset Detector when...". But what is the % of? The whole image or the selected portions in motion map?

If it is the whole image, the conundrum is that the object will never exceed bounds of motion map rectangles and won't "overtrigger". If it is only a portion and makes comparison only on area in map, then it has a higher likelihood to suppress a positive. Ideally, it would check for motion on the whole image and not be constrained by bounds of motion map.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sadly im no EE. It occurs sporadically and overall is an 'affordable' camera. Furthermore i cant differentiate it from iris, shutter, or gain changes. One thing is for sure, no PT is occurring at these points.
Are you familiar with ratio it uses to reset detector when above %?

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I swear im going to switch to PIR for alarm purposes, but those things are hard to use or i got bad luck. Reeds then it is... to trigger one esp8266 to another into arduino into access into bi http. Bi has limited arduino compatibility but i made my own interface in VBA Access.