Fastest trigger notification?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I’m curious if anyone has tested to see what the fastest trigger notification is. Is it a push notification to the BI app, email notification sent to your Gmail account or Pushover?

I’m going to try and do a little testing tonight, but I wanted to hear any feedback from others who may have already gone down this road.

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have done it and they are generally close. At least close enough to not make a difference.

When I tested it some days BI app was faster and some days Pushover was faster.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have done it and they are generally close. At least close enough to not make a difference.

When I tested it some days BI app was faster and some days Pushover was faster.
How many seconds were you experiencing between the start of the trigger and receiving the notification?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine would range from 1 second to 4 seconds, but they would literally ding just about on top of one another. Speed will be based on your computer, what else is going on motion wise, and internet speed. I have a 4th Gen so mine is slower than folks with a newer that would get sub second times.

SMS was the fastest but that is so inconsistent now with all the mobile providers tightening their spam.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use the alerts tab. For some reason it was 8 seconds under Immediate actions LOL.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have any of you noticed that attaching the alert image to an email alert under the Trigger Tab/Immediate Actions, attaches a random alert image from another camera? Doing this from the Alert Tab works as expected.

Reaction score
Have any of you noticed that attaching the alert image to an email alert under the Trigger Tab/Immediate Actions, attaches a random alert image from another camera? Doing this from the Alert Tab works as expected.
I have not noticed that it was from another camera, but yes, I have noticed that the image is from one of the Alerts and often not the expected
image. I've always assumed that was doing something wrong.

1684454524316.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have not noticed that it was from another camera, but yes, I have noticed that the image is from one of the Alerts and often not the expected
image. I've always assumed that was doing something wrong.

View attachment 163468
I discovered this tonight while testing different notification methods. Must be a bug.