Fat bear causing trouble in the neighborhood

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thought I share this. Having bear problems in the neighborhood. Please be advised, my neighborhood very dark. No streetlights, just porch lites. Still my Dahua's come thru

(The second camera is a PTZ that I've been working on. It dropping frames. Think my system is being maxed out. RIght now up to 30 camera's. Will be setting up another computer to take the load off.)

Enjoy:

View attachment bearcolor.mp4

View attachment bearIR.mp4

street trash.jpg

trash bear.jpg

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I've heard they can smell "food" up to 1.5 miles away.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With that big boy walking around you do not have problems with car door checkers :)

Do not put your garbage out at night. We have coyotes, they will over every garbage bag. All food stuffs need to go down the garbage disposal.

This summer in Colorado, we had a bear on the second story porch, drinking the sugar water out of the hummingbird feeders. The feeders did not survive :(

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A lady from the neighborhood was telling about the bears up in Tahoe. Guess they found out about hot tubs. Bears Love hot tubs. Guess they can case quite a mess hanging out in the tubs.
Spoke with a gal from the DNLR yesterday. Was checking out the complaints about the bear. She thinks it came down from the Sierra’s. Probably from Truckee CA. She a bit worried. Seem this bear, whom she never encounter before (no ear tag). Think its familiar being around humans. Guess he tried prying open a garage door in the neighborhood. She attempting to catch it, so as to relocated it. Otherwise, it will have to be euthanized.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like a scene from a spin-off series of Man Vs. Wild

More like Bear Vs. Man (I could have worded this better :lol: )

trash-bear-bears-trash-makeameme-org-trash-bear-bears-trash-53389433.png

Other day, a raccoon opened up a trash bag I threw outside, the trash spewed all over the ground, lots and lots of whey powder, raccoon wanted to get stronger

They say Cayenne pepper or ammonia works as a great deterrent

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure of the official position, however in my experience with Dahua and h/w decode if you leave the camera on H.264+and not drop to H.264 the. Frame rates drop after a few hours.