Feature request: test motion alarm using recorded video

Reaction score
I would love to be able to dial in my motion detection settings using a few existing videos. I have a cat that walks around my driveway, id like to be able to load a few captures i already have of him and test it against video i have of me walking around. This would be faster than making a change and then running out to my driveway to test. Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this request.

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From the BI help file: Camera Properties - Trigger:

Fine-tuning the sensor

If you are having trouble identifying the source of motion in your video, you may experiment with the Highlight motion feature. This will cause each image to be overlaid with a representation of the motion in that image. That is, what's changed from one frame to the next will be shown with a blue or green overlay, depending on whether the change is either internally positive or negative. If using the Object detect/reject feature, you may also select to show the object rectangles.

Another way to "see" what the software is detecting as motion is to open a recorded video in the viewer window, then right-click to select the Test run video through motion detector option. To use this feature, the video must meet these requirements:
  • The video must be BVR format.
    The camera which recorded the video should still exist
  • The video must begin with several seconds of video prior to the point of interest.
  • The video should not have been recorded with the highlight motion option enabled.
When you play the video it will pass through the motion detector using the settings for the camera which recorded it, with the addition of the highlighting feature to show motion and objects. In addition, portions of the frame which are masked out (not part of any zone) will be shaded.

Don't forget to turn off the Test run video through motion detector option when you are finished.

Reaction score
From the BI help file: Camera Properties - Trigger:

Fine-tuning the sensor

If you are having trouble identifying the source of motion in your video, you may experiment with the Highlight motion feature. This will cause each image to be overlaid with a representation of the motion in that image. That is, what's changed from one frame to the next will be shown with a blue or green overlay, depending on whether the change is either internally positive or negative. If using the Object detect/reject feature, you may also select to show the object rectangles.

Another way to "see" what the software is detecting as motion is to open a recorded video in the viewer window, then right-click to select the Test run video through motion detector option. To use this feature, the video must meet these requirements:
  • The video must be BVR format.
    The camera which recorded the video should still exist
  • The video must begin with several seconds of video prior to the point of interest.
  • The video should not have been recorded with the highlight motion option enabled.
When you play the video it will pass through the motion detector using the settings for the camera which recorded it, with the addition of the highlighting feature to show motion and objects. In addition, portions of the frame which are masked out (not part of any zone) will be shaded.

Don't forget to turn off the Test run video through motion detector option when you are finished.

well ill be damned! thank you for this!