fender/alastar/anyone else/advice on NVRcompatibility of INTL and Chinese Cams

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, please can you (OR ANYONE ELSE) help with your experience.

I am considering the 4mp cameras below and they are International version cameras 5.3.3 . I've asked for the serial numbers to confirm they are international. Supposedly I can update from the Hikvision Site.

I also already have four Chinese Cameras with English firmware as confirmed with the CCH serial numbers running 5.2.5. 2x 2132 3mp dome 2x 2432 3mp cube.

What I am worried about is that I get an NVR that can handle both the International Version Cameras, and the Chinese + English Firmware I already have.

The NVR I was thinking about is 7806 $172USD
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-NVR-8CH-Plug-Play-POE-8-network-interface-2-SATA-HDD-4TB-each-Up-to/2041537554.html

They have confirmed the following;
1: yes have stock
2: It usually takes three days
3:english Hikvision logo
4: yes project is 7808e2/8p can use 8 pcs poe ip camera(6mp/5mp/3mp/2mp)
5:The latest version v3.3.4
6: sure english language (multilingual)
7:Can not upgrade this yourself

The 4MP cameras are;

4Mp domes INTERNATIONAL VERSION v5.3.3
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-English-Version-IP-Camera-4Mp-Firmware-is-V5-3-2-Multi-Language-Mini-Dome-Camera/1006255_32420506294.html

I could entertain for $250USD the "Multi Language" 3.3.4

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hikvision-NVR-DS-7608NI-E2-8P-8ch-Independent-with-8-PoE-Network-Interfaces-Case-NVR-HD/1006255_32221605824.html

Any advice guys with ensuring the Chinese CCH with English firmwares AND the 4MP International work with WHAT NVR?

Cheers guys, and thanks for your continued selfless advice to all of us!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The NVR is a really good price, duty will be added to that using DHL but still a good price,

At the moment my personal choice is not to go with the 4mp camera's.
If your camera's are showing in English they should all work on the NVR with no mismatch issue

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That link is for a 7808N-E2/8P It's a very good price.
I have bought 7 Hikvision cameras and a 7816N-E2/8P and a 7816N-E2 from CSST Wholesale Market and have been very happy with the purchase.
The NVRs came with an English version of 3.0.8 firmware, which worked with all the cameras both before and after I installed Hikvision-release firmware on them instead of the hacked English that came with them.
When experimenting with newer firmware on the 7816N-E2 which is selective about the camera regions I 'mtd-hacked' the cameras so they work with everything to get round the 'language mismatch' situation.
You should ask what firmware version would be supplied with the NVR - is it the 3.3.4 quoted in your post? I have that running on the 7816N-E2 and it works OK, English menus.
I'd certainly buy again from CSST Wholesale Market, they seem to know what they are doing, though last time I looked their Hikvision camera listings had almost vanished.

USCAM I have no experience with - though others on this forum seem to be happy so far.

On the 4MP and compatibility - I'm sorry but I have no direct experience of what if any compatibility issues there will be, I don't have one yet.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That link is for a 7808N-E2/8P It's a very good price.
I have bought 7 Hikvision cameras and a 7816N-E2/8P and a 7816N-E2 from CSST Wholesale Market and have been very happy with the purchase.
The NVRs came with an English version of 3.0.8 firmware, which worked with all the cameras both before and after I installed Hikvision-release firmware on them instead of the hacked English that came with them.
When experimenting with newer firmware on the 7816N-E2 which is selective about the camera regions I 'mtd-hacked' the cameras so they work with everything to get round the 'language mismatch' situation.
You should ask what firmware version would be supplied with the NVR - is it the 3.3.4 quoted in your post? I have that running on the 7816N-E2 and it works OK, English menus.
I'd certainly buy again from CSST Wholesale Market, they seem to know what they are doing, though last time I looked their Hikvision camera listings had almost vanished.

USCAM I have no experience with - though others on this forum seem to be happy so far.

On the 4MP and compatibility - I'm sorry but I have no direct experience of what if any compatibility issues there will be, I don't have one yet.
Hi Alastair.thanks for the info.

I there any chance that your 7816 on 3.3.4 runs on your mixture of INTL and Chinese + English F/W because of the "mtd hack"? And without doing that to all my cameras I would have an issue?

Yes the 7808N-E2/P comes with 3.3.4 version.

I really want to avoid the extra loading and configuration work if I can.

I can get the 7608N-E2/P for slightly more which is INTL version for $250USD if that was going to help me with the Chinese Cameras I already have with English F/W hacked update. '

cheers Daren

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi whoselooking, "with showing in English" they should work on the NVR ..... does that include my Chinese ones serial "CCH" with hacked English firmware?

cheers Daren

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Get the $172 one because you've already got Chinese cameras anyway. You can always downgrade the firmware on the NVR if you need to but you probably won't.

Also that is a cracking price for one of them!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I there any chance that your 7816 on 3.3.4 runs on your mixture of INTL and Chinese + English F/W because of the "mtd hack"? And without doing that to all my cameras I would have an issue?
Yes, that is likely. I expect if I was to reverse the 'mtd hack' on a camera the NVR would complain about 'language mismatch' when trying to connect it.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi whoselooking, "with showing in English" they should work on the NVR ..... does that include my Chinese ones serial "CCH" with hacked English firmware?

cheers Daren
The should be ok, but if they complain, just use one of my firmwares and they will work:cool: