FI9851P Live Feed issues

ericrw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, having problem with this camera where the night mode is really bad, regardless what i change is still the same? Would this be the camera lenses issues or settings?
During the day, the camera live feed quality was good but only having problem at night.
Thanks

Untitled.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
having problem with this camera where the night mode is really bad, regardless what i change is still the same?
I think that's symptomatic of a camera with a small sensor (it's 1/4 inch) that has poor low-light sensitivity. Poor enough that it's not mentioned on the specifications.
You will be blown away with the improvements, day and night, if you replace it with a low-light camera from a better brand, at a cheaper price too.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All, having problem with this camera where the night mode is really bad, regardless what i change is still the same? Would this be the camera lenses issues or settings?
During the day, the camera live feed quality was good but only having problem at night.
Thanks

View attachment 22992
Welcome Eric

Highly recommend replacing that 720p camera with a better one if you need a good night view. Most 720p cameras are not very good when compared to newer models available today.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

ericrw

n3wb
Reaction score
a low-light camera from a better brand, at a cheaper price too.
We are slowly replacing some older cameras to other brand, like recently i bought the Dahua DH-IPC-HDBW1320E-W which going to replace the camera at another location. Beside this brand/model, what is the other brand that you recommend that have good low light camera?

Most 720p cameras are not very good when compared to newer models available today.
That camera we only just bought last year, so i thought they should consider still "new"? I just didn't realize the quality of the night mode until now. So we need to buy 1080p camera nowadays?

We are only able to run on WIFI at this point, i think the type of camera are quite limited.

Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We are slowly replacing some older cameras to other brand, like recently i bought the Dahua DH-IPC-HDBW1320E-W which going to replace the camera at another location. Beside this brand/model, what is the other brand that you recommend that have good low light camera?

That camera we only just bought last year, so i thought they should consider still "new"? I just didn't realize the quality of the night mode until now. So we need to buy 1080p camera nowadays?

We are only able to run on WIFI at this point, i think the type of camera are quite limited.

Thanks.
Hi Eric,

Please see the notes and look for Starlight cameras.

Yes, you can buy "new" 720p cameras which are using older technology and chips, producing poor image quality.