File Naming in the 'Post" Option

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just loaded Blue Iris and it is a great software, except I'm having issues with the "post" file names. I add both the "&Cam" and "&Item" options so I can post multiple rotating images to my website. Blue Iris creates files "Cam1 Item001.jpg". The problem is the "Space" between Cam1 and Item. WordPress does not like spaces in it's image file names. It auto inserts a "-" and therefore makes the file name different. Updates don't show on the webpage.
I've eliminated the Cam option and it works but I have three different cams I want to use. Without the "Cam" option the Item file names are duplicated for each cam.
I've thought about uploading to a different directory but that opens up a whole different bunch of WordPress Image challenges.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just tested this. Remove the "&Item", just use "&Cam" and you will get "Cam1_000" thru how many pictures you wish to post. Leave "Preserve Time order" clicked and 000 will always be the newest with 001 being the second oldest and etc...

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Funny Cam needs to be CAM or it doesn't add the numbered images. I did find another alternative way of creating separate directories for each Cam in Wordpress using Media File manager. That lets you move images to what ever directory you want.
Your solution is much simpler.
Thanks again.