Finally getting my home security sorted, some advice on placement please.

Reaction score
Hi folks, please be gentle with me for I've started to regret past camera purchases and I want to get a decent setup going around my home. A little more background is here: Atoning for past sins, greetings from Manchester UK.

My property is in a relatively low-risk area, but for my own peace of mind I'd like some extra security up.
Things are going to be done in pieces as we've got some renovation work coming up, but that actually seems like a good thing, as far as cables and the like go.

General outline of the property is below, with relevant features marked. I'm going to have another read of the Cliff notes, but I'm still not 100% sure where is best to be fitting cameras.
House plan.png

I've already decided on a pair of Amcrest IP2M-841W to cover the hallway behind the front door, and kitchen at the rear of the building. They're mostly for being able to keep an eye on my dogs while the house is otherwise empty, so 2-way audio, ptz and night vision seem good points, and while they're wireless I don't see an issue with that.

As for the rest though, I'm open to suggestions on good placement.
The front of the house is on a relatively busy road with a small front yard and streetlight just in front so it's well lit. We're an end of terrace affair, so there's a passage round the side of the house between us and next door; it's gated and there's a PIR floodlight already installed there.
To the rear, the back door opens onto a patio area, then garden, with a large shed / summerhouse at the bottom, and our cars parked the other side of the fence. No garage sadly, and there is an unlit road beyond.

The next two upcoming projects are to run power to the shed (the garden is rather longer than the diagram suggests, but no more than about 20m from the back of the house to the fence), and to demolish the old toilet and pull the ground floor of the house out level with the extension next door (about 3.5m of new floorspace in this case).

I'm thinking about 5 or 6 cameras eventually, one at the front of the house, one down the side passage facing the front, then a couple on the rear of the house for the yard / garden, and a couple at the end of the garden to cover the cars and back fence.
With the shed having power run to it I can run network cables too, and obviously adding cables during the extension build should be simple enough.

What do we think, then?