Finally! Gots my VTO-2202 and VTH-2421's to work, mostly!

Reaction score

I purchased the KTP01(S) IP Video Intercom Kit from Andy @EMPIRETECANDY last year and had a HORRIBLE time configuring things. Calls between VTO and VTH's (I did purchase 2 additional internal VTH-2421's) didn't work, pressing the call button did nothing. At least Blue Iris could see the camera and work with it :) The youtube videos made things....more complicated than they should of been.

With renewed interest in getting things to work after @runraid Dahua Home Assistant integration for Home Assistant...where as now I can swap Dahua camera profiles depending on the LUX (outdoor sunlight), add in temp & wind to the camera image (still working on that...but am close!), easy configuration of when the VTO 'call' button is pressed it will buzz my Z-wave siren that sounds like a doorbell.... I revisited my problem child #32.
And thanks to the link above about the One Key Config, it took less than 2 hours to get things working 100% as the units were designed to do. One issue...going through the quick setup, the master VTH was suppose to tell the slave VTH the new config and reboot but it didn't for some reason: both VTH's had different IP's but the same intercom number of 9901#0. Had to config the slave VTH manually to 9901#1. The time also stays in 24hour format, not 12...no matter what I change around in the menu's.
Of course, had to go back into the VTO webpage GUI and turn off P2P and UPNP.
My #3 VTH was bricked after a botched/wrong firmware update. Still working on that.

BTW... old Dahua configtool (version 4?) would never see my VTO/VTH's but only my other IP cameras. The new version 5 fixes that.
temp2.jpg

Badstraw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think there’s a quick setup between devices..

btw, have you tried uploading a new audio file ? I was reading the manual and I read this ..

9B2DB28A-AE94-492C-9046-71DDBC5F64BF.jpeg

Reaction score
btw, have you tried uploading a new audio file ? I was reading the manual and I read this ..
oh neat...will try that out when I get home. I'm sure has to be specific frequency, bitrate sound file.

However, I do not remember a 'update' or 'upload file' as a menu option. This might be for the next model up (4200?) or maybe newer firmware. Will have to check my existing firmware against what Andy says is aok. I've already learned about bricking at VTH the hard way :)

Last edited:
Reaction score

View attachment 100619
Yea...that one-key-config makes life SOO much easier. I do not remember it being around last year.
As you can see, I do not have any menu options under ONVIF USER. No UPDATE or UPLOAD FILE.
temp2.jpg
temp2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score

inpetrov

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep...sent a PM to Andy asking if AOK to upgrade from Dahua website to DH_VTOXXXXD-G_MultiLang_PN_SIP_V4.500.0000002.0.R.210812 . FIrst, I must get approval :)
I am still on 4.4 where can I get that version?