Finally put a decent cam on my birdnest

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
well, I'm on my third cam..1st was a 640x480 with the most junk lens ever... 2nd one was a nightmare to even get working, and when I put it up by the birdnest, things just didn't work out and the image/video was not worth sharing... But, this is a 1080P camera that probably isn't meant to view at 1 foot away, but is working better... Once I get my connection issue straitened out, and actually get BI to give me more than .5 FPS @ 20-50 kB/s, I'll actually have something better to share...

Got 3 lil peepers in the nest and am looking forward to watching the comical videos of them growing over the next few weeks. Think I'll end up running 200 ft of cat6 to my garage and end up hardwiring a switch there to get the 3 cameras in/on my garage to produce quality video... Anyway...

Birdnest.20140508_123118.jpg

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
no, I did away with the wireless.. but yes, it is a wifi capable camera, but not using the wireless. Tempted to try the wireless and see if I get a better connection.

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
remoted into my home comp with teamviewer (slow and painful only have a 1/2meg down and .25meg up), and switched cam to wireless..same result...slooooowwwwww....

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Does it work well, when hitting it from the web interface, ON the BI computer? If so then hell I don't know, not it sucks then, you might have network issues with the computer or connection to it.

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
hmm, didn't check that..and doubt i'll be able to tell over a teamviewer connection...will definitely add that to my troubleshooting arsenal when I get home...thanks for the idea..will let you know.

Anyway, after deleting/reloading the cam, and disabling all other cameras, and running it on wifi instead of my powerline adapter, I am able to get the cam up to: 6fps and 93kB/s...going to enable rest of the cams and see what it does...