Finding a reliable Camera Vendor

Isaiah

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
I am researching IP camera systems to install for customers of my small IT business.
I have a few clients that account for most of my work, and they would like to start installing camera systems.
The first business would like a "test" project is at their newly opened small town pizza place which is a side business for them. They have recently opened and their lease is up in 10 months and will build after that and install new then, as well as a separate 8-10 camera project at a different site.
I had planned on probably using Lorex, especially for the 2 year warranty, but after researching more, I am now uncertain.
The biggest issue is that for this first project, they have set a firm budget at $250 for 4-6 cameras system, with used being acceptable(not including labor.)
This is what I had found to fit that criteria. 1080p Camera System with 8 Channel DVR and 8 1080p Outdoor Security Cameras, 130ft Night Vision, 2TB Hard Drive

I have been browsing this site today and have talked with Nelly's and gotten a quote for their Hikvision NVR with 8-10 camera down the road, but still need some help in finding something for the small first project.
Is there any place else I should look or stay away from?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Isaiah

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are open to Dahua, see where to buy: IPCamTalk Cliff Notes 2018-03.docx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, I will be in contact with him to get a couple estimates. Any thoughts on what I can expect setting these up? The cameras we have set up were an Agasio IP camera system that a customer provided and it was a long process.
Any comments on a quick and cheap setup that can be viewed from mobile?

Last edited:

Isaiah

n3wb
Reaction score
It is a long time customer. The biggest thing is peace of mind having something watching the registers when owners aren't around. The owner is planning different new builds I will be installing as well. I plan to use Nelly's or Andy at that point unless other suggestions point in a different direction.
Originally, they wanted Arlo cameras, but not an option for continuous recording.
Thanks again

Edit: Any suggestions that would keep me close to 300-400? This was the best Nelly's could do. Complete 8 Channel 1080P HD-TVI Dome Surveillance System w/ 1TB Hard Drive - Nelly's Security

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a long time customer. The biggest thing is peace of mind having something watching the registers when owners aren't around. The owner is planning different new builds I will be installing as well. I plan to use Nelly's or Andy at that point unless other suggestions point in a different direction.
Originally, they wanted Arlo cameras, but not an option for continuous recording.
Thanks again

Edit: Any suggestions that would keep me close to 300-400? This was the best Nelly's could do. Complete 8 Channel 1080P HD-TVI Dome Surveillance System w/ 1TB Hard Drive - Nelly's Security
My 2 cents, I'd probably go with this Nelly's system, if you absolutely can't increase the budget. Since you are the defacto tech support, you at least have Nelly's as a backup.
But, whatever you purchase now, could always be re-purposed at the new location.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Another option for that budget would be Dahua CVI/Pentabrid (XVR) system that would allow you to run IP or even HIK TVI cams along with Dahua HDCVI cams.... You can run HDCVI cams off of Cat5 cable making it easy to upgrade to IP cams as budget allows...

One advantage with Dahua CVI vs HIK TVI is that Dahua has a wide selection of HDCVI Starlight cams that perform very close to their IP brothers.

***You might first check with Andy @EMPIRETECANDY and see if he has access to any low cost package systems..

Of course like the HIK system, they're all going to be fixed lens 3.6mm eyeball cameras in these low cost packages..

https://www.amazon.com/Dahua-Penta-brid-1080P-Security-Package/dp/B06XXXNRYK/ref=sr_1_64?ie=UTF8&qid=1523320027&sr=8-64&keywords=dahua+hdcvi
https://www.amazon.com/Dahua-Penta-brid-1080P-Security-Package/dp/B06XXXNRYK/ref=sr_1_64?ie=UTF8&qid=1523320027&sr=8-64&keywords=dahua+hdcvi
https://www.amazon.com/Dahua-Penta-brid-1080P-Security-Package/dp/B06XXWTP41/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1523320460&sr=8-27&keywords=dahua+hdcvi

https://www.amazon.com/Dahua-Penta-brid-1080P-Security-Package/dp/B072HQ7HPL/ref=pd_day0_328_24?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B072HQ7HPL&pd_rd_r=C9C9JQJ3XEGFVN59BWD9&pd_rd_w=59vZw&pd_rd_wg=4VJ93&psc=1&refRID=C9C9JQJ3XEGFVN59BWD9

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.