Finding the RTSP Link

osman

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear ipcamtalk forum,

I am stucked, I have a chinese p2p ipcam and I can be able to watch the stream through Internet Explorer. But I also want to use vlc to watch both sub and mainstream. I investigate the source code and find the following.
How can I find the main and substream links to play in VLC player!

Thanks!

Code:

function OpenSetVideoParam()
{
bright = Video.GetBright(0);
contrast = Video.GetContrast(0);
saturation = Video.GetSaturation(0);
sharpness = Video.GetSharpness(0);
slider1.setValue(bright);
slider2.setValue(contrast);
slider3.setValue(saturation);
slider4.setValue(sharpness);
}
function OpenVideo()
{
serverIP = document.domain;
var hostIP = "192.168.1.24";
if(serverIP.localeCompare(hostIP)==0){
typeIP = 0;
}
Port = window.location.port;
if( Port != 4001 ){
Port = 4001;
}
if(Video.LoginDevice(serverIP,Port,"admin","pass"))
{
Video_OpenChannelEx(1,1);
}
}

function CHANGECHANNEL(status)
{
document.CODE_POST.Username.value = "admin";
document.CODE_POST.Password.value = "admin";
document.CODE_POST.CMD_INDEX_CODE_SET.value = 1;
document.CODE_POST.PARAM_CODE_I.value = status;
document.CODE_POST.submit();
}
function CloseVideo()
{
Video.LogoffDevice();
}
function nextPageLoad()
{
ConnectVideo();
bright = Video.GetBright(0);
contrast = Video.GetContrast(0);
saturation = Video.GetSaturation(0);
sharpness = Video.GetSharpness(0);
}
function GetServerIP(sHref, sArgName)
{
var args = sHref.split("/");
var retval = "";
if(args[0] == sHref)
{
return retval;
}
var IP = args[2].split(":");
return IP[0];
}
function ConnectVideo()
{
serverIP = GetServerIP(document.location.href,0);
var ConnStatus = 0;
var ConnectStatus = 0;
if (0 == ConnectStatus)
{
Port = window.location.port;
if( Port != 4001 ){
Port = 4001;
}
ConnectStatus = 1;
}else{
ConnectStatus = 0;
}

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If its an ONVIF camera then you can discover the RTSP URI with: ONVIF Device Manager

RTSP dont work in browsers; viewing the HTML code wont be of any use.

osman

n3wb
Reaction score
If its an ONVIF camera then you can discover the RTSP URI with: ONVIF Device Manager

RTSP dont work in browsers; viewing the HTML code wont be of any use.
Thanks for very fast response. Ok here is the deal I have a onvif link

rtsp://192.168.1.24:8554/1.3gp
sub stream is: rtsp://192.168.1.24:8554/2.3gp

I can connect those streams via vlc but after 2-3 minutes stream stopped and camera re-boots itself. But with p2p cams default application I can monitor and record cam without any problems. Same with internet explorer no issues. I thought finding default stream links would be great to use proper streaming. I netp command the cam and find those ports.

23 telnet
4001 TCP
8000 onvif discover

So I need help :D

Thanks!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
is it on WiFi or something? If it drops away when streaming via RTSP the camera sounds like its a steaming pile of junk.

Those are the proper stream links, there's not much else for you to try..

osman

n3wb
Reaction score
is it on WiFi or something? If it drops away when streaming via RTSP the camera sounds like its a steaming pile of junk.

Those are the proper stream links, there's not much else for you to try..
No it's on 10/100 ethernet cable. The question is, I am not having any issues using default camera view app but when I use vlc the camera gone wild. I am trying to find default streams used by the app..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if the app is not using RTSP then its very unlikely VLC will be able to play it; thats a standard.. if the app's not using the standard then all bets are off.

the only way to know for sure would be to sniff the traffic w/a packet analyzer.

osman

n3wb
Reaction score
if the app is not using RTSP then its very unlikely VLC will be able to play it; thats a standard.. if the app's not using the standard then all bets are off.

the only way to know for sure would be to sniff the traffic w/a packet analyzer.
I see, I find out there is an UDP connection between pc and cam camera but can't find the data package content. It's kind of encrypted

What is your suggestion to use rtsp link of camera without any junk data?
Lowering bitrate with CBR?
Looking for your suggestions..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah you cold try detuning the camera down and see if that stablizes things; mebe your overloading the hardware.. make sure you close down the app, mebe it cant do multiple streams.

osman

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah you cold try detuning the camera down and see if that stablizes things; mebe your overloading the hardware.. make sure you close down the app, mebe it cant do multiple streams.
Yes, it works! It can't handle multiple streams.. I will now setup nvr to record those streams. here is the deal. My nvr is located at basement and I am not able to plug a monitor to it. So I will use NVR's online direct monitoring, however I won't monitor the mainstream as I know cam's won't handle multiple streams. So monitoring substreams would be my choice.. What do you think for monitoring selection? What is the smart way to monitor cam's remotely..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if your going through a NVR it should not be a problem, but with that camera you'll just have to try and see..

typically you can pull RTSP streams directly from the NVR, and it can handle alot more simultaneous streams than the cameras ever will alone.

osman

n3wb
Reaction score
if your going through a NVR it should not be a problem, but with that camera you'll just have to try and see..

typically you can pull RTSP streams directly from the NVR, and it can handle alot more simultaneous streams than the cameras ever will alone.
If I am monitoring through NVR, am I streaming through the cam for each monitoring instance? Or NVR is getting direct stream from cam, process it than multiply for clients to view?
Sorry for asking those :D but I can't find proper knowledge about it.

MY NVR has 40mbps bandwith btw lol

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NVR acts as a relay and the camera is only feeding one stream that is then basically rebroadcasted to more clients.

osman

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR acts as a relay and the camera is only feeding one stream that is then basically rebroadcasted to more clients.
So I will be using NVR's processing power not directly to cam for multiple monitoring instance?