Finished my CCTV install on my new house today.

goodolick

n3wb
Reaction score
Garage / Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A

Front Door / Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A

Back Doors / Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A

Front Yard / Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z

Side Yard / Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z

Watching my boat and shed / Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z

Back Yard / Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z

Patio / Dahua IPC-HFW1000S (got it off amazon on the cheap, I think its a knock off, hope it lasts, picture is good)

Front of Garage PTZ / Dahua SD29204T-GN

Front Yard PTZ / Dahua SD22204T-GN

DVR / POE (Dahua 4216 NVR and Linksys POE switch) I probably could have been a bit tidier in my cabling, but, the NVR is hidden behind my second fridge in my utility room. I bolted both the NVR and the POE swtich to the wall. Should be hard to find, hoping a potential thief would think the fan is the fridge running. Regardless, I installed SD cards in all the cams that would take them.

Finished product...

this was my second CCTV install. At my previous home, I was foolish and went cheap analog. I learned from my mistakes, and hopefully corrected them. It was fun project. What do yall think?

Last edited:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice! Hope that all keeps working well for you! That mini ptz- will that hold up outdoors?

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice! Your front door camera appears to be ceiling mounted pointing straight down. Hard to get an ID off of that one. You just reminded me, need a camera for my garage too! There goes another chunk of my kids inheritance!

Nice and tidy NVR and switch setup!

Reactions: SLC

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any chance you can post a night shot from one of your Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A cameras?

goodolick

n3wb
Reaction score
Nice! Hope that all keeps working well for you! That mini ptz- will that hold up outdoors?
We shall see, I got it on a NewEgg flash sale for $150 USD. I decided to take my chances. It is also hung under an eave that is protected by gutters.

goodolick

n3wb
Reaction score
Any chance you can post a night shot from one of your Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A cameras?
This one is in my garage, so 0 interference with other lights.
Seems to be going OK so far.
Fenderman is right though, I ordered this a bit hastily and will never be able to upgrade their firmware because they are China only. In any case, I am happy with the picture so far....

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This one is in my garage, so 0 interference with other lights.
Seems to be going OK so far.
Fenderman is right though, I ordered this a bit hastily and will never be able to upgrade their firmware because they are China only. In any case, I am happy with the picture so far....
U need to move the cam away from the wall...
indoors, the poor low light image will not be noticeable particularly where you have a light colored car for the ir to reflect off...

goodolick

n3wb
Reaction score
U need to move the cam away from the wall...
indoors, the poor low light image will not be noticeable particularly where you have a light colored car for the ir to reflect off...
Thanks for the tip. I will see how it goes when I finish everything else I need to do around this new house. I am having a pole barn built to store my boat and zero turn mower, along with other things in this garage. When the project is complete, my Durango (dark blue) will be parked closest to the camera, the Mazda (in photo) will be further away.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I will see how it goes when I finish everything else I need to do around this new house. I am having a pole barn built to store my boat and zero turn mower, along with other things in this garage. When the project is complete, my Durango (dark blue) will be parked closest to the camera, the Mazda (in photo) will be further away.
indoors, where ir reflects, you'll be ok..outdoors is another story. You will need good lighting.

goodolick

n3wb
Reaction score
indoors, where ir reflects, you'll be ok..outdoors is another story. You will need good lighting.
My best camera sits in front of the garage door. The one in the garage is really more for daytime use. Garage is always shut during the night, open during the day. I still have some more things to do though, I need to get PIRs for the PTZs and set them for it.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
My best camera sits in front of the garage door. The one in the garage is really more for daytime use. Garage is always shut during the night, open during the day. I still have some more things to do though, I need to get PIRs for the PTZs and set them for it.
I know I always promote their products on here, but optex has a pretty good line of PIRs. We like to use the lx-402. I have several on my house and have several hundred installed out in the field.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I probably could have been a bit tidier in my cabling
You have to be kidding me. That is only about a million times tidier than mine.

This is a couple years ago but not a lot has changed.

Outdoors is even worse :D More than half the cams are supplied by cables I just hung under the eaves. Added wire looms later in the most sunlight-exposed parts, to help prevent UV from degrading the cable jackets.

Looks like I really need to clean my dome PTZ.

Last edited:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
You have to be kidding me. That is only about a million times tidier than mine.

This is a couple years ago but not a lot has changed.

Outdoors is even worse :D More than half the cams are supplied by cables I just hung under the eaves. Added wire looms later in the most sunlight-exposed parts, to help prevent UV from degrading the cable jackets.

Looks like I really need to clean my dome PTZ.
Thanks for posting that. It's always great to know your own crap job is actually better than someone else's!

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You'll be hard pressed to ID anyone at the front door, otherwise good job.

Garage / Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A

Front Door / Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A

Back Doors / Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A

Front Yard / Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z

Side Yard / Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z

Watching my boat and shed / Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z

Back Yard / Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z

Patio / Dahua IPC-HFW1000S (got it off amazon on the cheap, I think its a knock off, hope it lasts, picture is good)

Front of Garage PTZ / Dahua SD29204T-GN

Front Yard PTZ / Dahua SD22204T-GN

DVR / POE (Dahua 4216 NVR and Linksys POE switch) I probably could have been a bit tidier in my cabling, but, the NVR is hidden behind my second fridge in my utility room. I bolted both the NVR and the POE swtich to the wall. Should be hard to find, hoping a potential thief would think the fan is the fridge running. Regardless, I installed SD cards in all the cams that would take them.

Finished product...

this was my second CCTV install. At my previous home, I was foolish and went cheap analog. I learned from my mistakes, and hopefully corrected them. It was fun project. What do yall think?

Last edited by a moderator: