Fire TV stick ungraded overnight...killed sideloaded apps.

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've be using this Fire TV stick for viewing my cameras for a couple of months, using a sideloaded app.

Overnight it ugraded itself to version 5.0.5, and now the sideloaded app will launch, but won't continue running, just exits.

Anyone else using this device and having this problem?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've be using this Fire TV stick for viewing my cameras for a couple of months, using a sideloaded app.

Overnight it ugraded itself to version 5.0.5, and now the sideloaded app will launch, but won't continue running, just exits.

Anyone else using this device and having this problem?
I recall posting a ways back that in future that side load would be killed, I think it was going to be killed by Samsung.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I recall posting a ways back that in future that side load would be killed, I think it was going to be killed by Samsung.
Just for info - Fire TV Stick is an Amazon product, not Samsung.
You may be recalling the compatibility issues with Samsung TVs.

On the app problem - it's pretty common for Android apps to have emergent issues after a host OS update.
Just look at the update info on your phone apps.
Maybe the app developer will be issuing an updated version.

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

On the app problem - it's pretty common for Android apps to have emergent issues after a host OS update.
I've posted this to developer forums as well. I also tried to reload the app with Apps2fire....won't sideload anymore.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Heres the post I did

Important: As of Android 6 (marshmallow) Google removed ADB (Android Debug Bridge). ADB is the base function for sideloading. Therefore, Apps2Fire (and similar Apps) will not work anymore. I'm sorry about but I cannot do anything about this. What a pity!
So once again ! actually three parties involved

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Heres the post I did

Important: As of Android 6 (marshmallow) Google removed ADB (Android Debug Bridge). ADB is the base function for sideloading. Therefore, Apps2Fire (and similar Apps) will not work anymore. I'm sorry about but I cannot do anything about this. What a pity!
So once again ! actually three parties involved

Not on Android 6....but WHY are they doing this??

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
MOney MOney Money..always follow the money....if they can't control and make you pay then they stop the sheeple from eating freely.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
MOney MOney Money..always follow the money....if they can't control and make you pay then they stop the sheeple from eating freely.
You dont deserve to eat for free. Why is it that you feel you are entitled to other peoples hard work. The device is sold to you knowing that its only intended to use with the app store. The apps sold to you on other stores like google play is sold with the intent you run it on android devices only.

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You dont deserve to eat for free. Why is it that you feel you are entitled to other peoples hard work. The device is sold to you knowing that its only intended to use with the app store. The apps sold to you on other stores like google play is sold with the intent you run it on android devices only.

I'm using a free app provided by the camera supplier...not Hikvision. It's available on Google Play for free. This is an Amazon v/s Google thing. I used the TV stick because it was what is available to me. Soooo, the loser here is ME, and neither one Amazon or google is going to get anything out of it. I'll probably end up getting an Android mini pc.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using a free app provided by the camera supplier...not Hikvision. It's available on Google Play for free. This is an Amazon v/s Google thing. I used the TV stick because it was what is available to me. Soooo, the loser here is ME, and neither one Amazon or google is going to get anything out of it. I'll probably end up getting an Android mini pc.
The amazon stick is sold with the intent that you download content from the amazon store free or paid. The dont owe anyone the capability to side load. That would be the same as demanding that the google play store be capable of side loading ios apps or vice versa.

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The amazon stick is sold with the intent that you download content from the amazon store free or paid. The dont owe anyone the capability to side load. That would be the same as demanding that the google play store be capable of side loading ios apps or vice versa.
So why did they allow it in the first place?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your always good for a laugh. Like everyone normal would think we were able to do it then Mr.money figured it out so they shut it down. You are Mr capitalist for sure but, once the Internet went public and digital went open it changed a world that can never go back. Just wait a tiny bit and another app to side load will be created. I love the wolves and don't listen to the herders or be sheep. .

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fire tv is an android device by the way.also I bought say tinycam pro which I am perfectly allowed to load into firetv communism almost over did you know.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your always good for a laugh. Like everyone normal would think we were able to do it then Mr.money figured it out so they shut it down. You are Mr capitalist for sure but, once the Internet went public and digital went open it changed a world that can never go back. Just wait a tiny bit and another app to side load will be created. I love the wolves and don't listen to the herders or be sheep. .
You admitted to be a video pirating thief. Yes I am a capitalist. Someone spends time and money developing something and you go an steal it. Go buy a product that is not locked down if you have an issue.
Speaking of things that make me laugh here is a good one from Jack the "I buy china cams to save money" guy. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9244-HVMS-4200-Error-24-channel-unavailable?highlight=sadp
How much money have you "saved" how much time have you spend on trying to resolve this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fire tv is an android device by the way.also I bought say tinycam pro which I am perfectly allowed to load into firetv communism almost over did you know.
It runs a custom version of android. Though that is completely irreverent to the issue. I dont think you understand what communism is. Sad really. STOP STEALING and pirating movies.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Never stole a movie in my life I only watched or today known as streaming what others may or may not have bought or were givrn as a screener. You cannot control what digital has created which is ease of transmission. Not to mention don't see yacht sales dropping for Harvey Wienstien and Hollywood. Take a heart pill and worry about the things you can control not what you cannot.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Never stole a movie in my life I only watched or today known as streaming what others may or may not have bought or were givrn as a screener. You cannot control what digital has created which is ease of transmission. Not to mention don't see yacht sales dropping for Harvey Wienstien and Hollywood. Take a heart pill and worry about the things you can control not what you cannot.
That is theft. Dont try and justify it. It is considered theft under the law. Your comments about Weinstien and Hollywood point to the fact that you are the communist. The amount of money they have is irrelevant. You cannot steal from someone simply because they are rich. Your logic is perverted and disgusting.

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys, I didn't pirate anything...the app was FREE from the supplier of the cameras. I used what I had on hand...the TV stick was my daughter's who was not using it.

I have posted this data to a developers forum...I discovered, the 5.0.5 upgrade somehow altered the TV stick's ip#. I fixed that, then tried to sideload the app again....it worked. I then opened the app, it opened then right away ended.

I then cleared data, which kill the config data, opened the app...it stayed up. I reentered the config data, started live view, and the app ended just as before.

5.0.5 altered something that this app does not like.

BTW I've had the developer of Tinycam pro on to my NVR trying to make his software work with my cameras...he could not do it. Something the parent organization to Supercircuits and these Alibi cameras have done using web components screwed his ability to get tinycam pro to work. And now I'm guessing those same software components has bit the TV stick version 5.0.5.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I didn't pirate anything...the app was FREE from the supplier of the cameras. I used what I had on hand...the TV stick was my daughter's who was not using it.
No one said you did.