firmware 5.4.0 for R6 anyone tried?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok i Upgraded it. And they changed a few nice things I been waiting for actually. I'll put just some pictures of whatever new settings I can find

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In ftp menu there is more custom choices

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Saturation on each day and night settings instead of one under common

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New osd setting to align text

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe I mistake a few that were there before. But doesn't seem like any big changes what I can see really. Works good anyway so far.

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated my cam too.
So far not much difference in picture quality. I'm curious about nighttime pic quality, but don't expect too much.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just which they could synchronize the settings between Web interface, ivms, and nvr settings to be the same as well.

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Digital Noise Reduction has improved in this version.
There's also an Expert setting now, which lets you finetune the DNR settings.

4mp cam quality is finally seriously improving!! :D

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had it there in previous version. It works OK even the basic I must say

lunokhod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can this firmware be used on any international version of Hikvision network camera?

I have a non Chinese hacked firmware camera (DS-2CD2342WD-I) with firmware V5.3.8 build 151224.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You were right. It actually did work better now somehow with the expert level. Getting a pretty good picture now at night with 25/1 shutterspeed and 50/90 on the DNR expert setting. Works good for seeing details anyway. Not sure how it affects blurring yet

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had more noise and artifacts in the previous version.
I am in agreement with you Kroegtijgertje. I am surprised to see some are very happy with this firmware. We see far more noise and artifacts in v5.4.0 compared with v5.3.8 especially in low light and interior lighting. In fact, we also noticed a pulsating that occurs every 1-2 seconds with the signal processing trying to make adjustments only to come right back to the same starting point. We are at the NTSC 60 Hz image setting in the U.S. so not sure if it could be a frequency problem but at lease for us a major step backwards (even despite a few good bug fixes with the brightness, contrast configuration levels).

Anyone else see these problems? We have tried the firmware on both the minidome DS-2CD2542FWD-IS as well as the DS-2CD2342WD-I turret.

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone tried downgrading from this firmware ?
So far we have been unable to download the firmware either by web interface or TFTP boot. We are going to be trying a few other tricks in the lab but so far no luck. We have a ticket into Hikvision on the potential lack of downgrading ability issue and I will let you know how they respond.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
would be nice if you can get that ticket to pass =) ..

I had that pulsating for some specific normal mode DNR, i changed it to expert and don´t see almost any pulsating ( less then previous anyway) . pulsating would be normal if you got a strong DNR with a long i-frame rate or what have you. so it doesn´t sound very strange.

and I thought Kroegtijgertje said he was happy with this new firmware... so you are not agreeing with him then I guess?